What volume of pellets should I feed per day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnow

Reaction score
I am wondering what volume or amount of pellets I should feed per day.

My Holland lop is just a a little over weight for the standard of the breed . He is about 5-6 lbs. I have been giving him free choice pellets and the judge at the show recommended that I not do that.

In addition to pellets he has lots of hay and I add one half carrot or another veggie or fruit each night.

I was thinking half a cup? How does that sound?

Okeydokey. Here's how i do it:

My holland lops have gotten unlimited until 7 mo. Then, then till 1 yr. I being rationing. Then after 1 yr. on, they get 1/4 c. daily.
Holland lops should be 4 pounds and under. That's for a show quality holland. The pet quality (without the dwarf gene), will be slightly over no matter what. Maybe 4 1/2 is about what mine was (that was Jelly) I have yet to see with Ripley, but I think he's pet quality as well.

I'm going to put a 1/4 cup in the morning and see how fast he goes through that. I suspect that he is more about 4-5 lbs than 5-6 lbs. The scale was old and rusty and I don't think it was very accurate.

Latest posts

Back