What veggies are good? Bad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmerre

Reaction score
I asked this question awhile ago, but can't seem to find my old post and I forgot what the responses were (besides kale and basil were okay). :)

I have a 2 year old female (spayed) lionhead. She eats her pellets, unlimited amount of Timothy hay and gets kale and basil everyday.

Everytime I go to the grocery store I always wonder if I can buy other stuff for her, but I'm afraid that it might be something that she can't have. I know they can have kale, basil, carrots (very limited), & carrot tops (can't seem to find those though), and I've tried mint but she doesn't like it. What else can I give her? I've seen the pea pods but I know there are several different kinds I can get, and I'm also wondering if I can give her Collard Greens? What about dill?

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

My rabbits really like parsley, they get it as a treat in the summer. Also, if you buy a little sprig in a pot from Walmart in the spring, you'll have a whole bush by summer! lol Saves money and you can pick it fresh. :)

our bunnies like Parsley, Italian Parsley, Cilantro, Dandelion, Romaine lettuce and a small amount of Carrot. You already have a list from here. You can also get one from House Rabbit Society and we have several from books we have. Some to avoid would be Spinach and Kale--too high in calcium for older bunnies and brussel sprouts , cauliflower or brocoli as they cause gas. Also limit sugary treats like fruits as too much sugar can cause loose stool.

Video discussing rabbit veggies
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare#p/u/9/-W62vZIKW4g[/ame]

Not a big deal...just a little correction...:)

Spinach and Kale are high in oxalates...oxalates block the body's ability to absorb and utilize calcium...so if bunn is being fed too much of either of these you will notice white urine!

These should be fed in moderation.

I didn't know that about Kale. She loves Kale! I have my list in my purse so next time I hit up the grocery store I'll be able to pick up a variety for her. I like the idea of growing my own (and we have a wal-mart nearby) so that's something I should really start looking into. I'm just wondering if I can grow it fast enough to keep up with her eating it!

Kim

Latest posts

Back