What type of lop is Georgie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinmom

Reaction score
Lots of you have seen pics of Georgie, and he has a blog that details his growing up. Here is his blog: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25099&forum_id=6

I'd like to find out what type of lop he is...I'm trying to get a feel for how big he is going to get. Or maybe he's a mix? I think he was 3-4 months old when I got him, so maybe 7-8 months now? He weighs between 7.5-8 lbs (15.5 kg-17.6kg, I think)...

Any ideas? I was thinking French Lop because he's too big to be Holland Lop, and his ears aren't long enough to be English. Could he be a mix?

Hmm, I don't have a clue, but Minilops are, I believe, bigger than Holland lops. He sort of looks the same size as my Dwarf lops which are the equivalent of the US mini lop (if you follow, lol). So maybe a mini lop? But I don't know if those are minilop ears or not.

So really this is a useless reply, lol.

I'm guessing my bun will grow as big as yours he is 4.16lbs at 12 weeks and his ears look the same sort of length and shape.

HPIM1504.jpg

HPIM1519.jpg

I think they look quite similar barring the hairloss on Milly.

Let me know if you find out breed or what breeds are in your bun, I would be interested knowing what Milly is too. :)

BTW, Georgie is a beautiful bun. :)

Georgie's heart stopped for a moment there...he started begging me not to have his little boy parts cut off!! Hehe...but his ears seem to keep getting longer. When do an English lop's ears stop growing? How big do they get?

French Lops and English Lops get quite large, 12-15 pounds I believe.

He could be a mix. Whatever he is, it's of the adorable variety! I just love Georgie!

Snuggy, my Mini Lop is about seven pounds, but she once weighed eleven pounds! She went on a diet and is much healthier now.

Flashy wrote:
Hmm, I don't have a clue, but Minilops are, I believe, bigger than Holland lops. He sort of looks the same size as my Dwarf lops which are the equivalent of the US mini lop (if you follow, lol). So maybe a mini lop? But I don't know if those are minilop ears or not.

So really this is a useless reply, lol.

:embarrassed:lol, what the hell was i gabbling on about there? it's totally not true, lol.

as for your current question, i dont know if frenmch lops get thsat big, but i would guess your guy is very nearly, if not totsally, grown by now, so i wouldn't expecft him to put on a sudden spurt and more than double his size.

The standard for the French Lop calls for a rabbit that issupposed to be10 1/2 lbs and over at 8 months. He's about a year old now (?) I do think that he's pretty close to full grown. :muscleman:

Thanks for the quick replies! When I read that about the 22lbs, I got so worried...I was afraid that he was going to get too large for my apartment.

Thanks! Makes me feel much better!!

I just love French lops.. by far my favourite breed ;). I think I read somewhere that French lop was created by mixing Flemish Giants and English Lops?

I completely forgot to update on Georgie's weight and breed!

He is now 12lbs and *hopefully* done growing! After we went to the bunny party in December, I spoke with several folks there. They think that Georgie is a mix between a French Lop and a Flemish Giant. That would account for his beefiness...he's pretty much solid muscle. He's not fat, just really big.

So anyway, that's the latest update on my Georgie!

Latest posts

Back