What Type of Chinchilla?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Spider*

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my friend's rabbit Twilight.

Twi.jpg

This is a picture of Thorn who is up for rehoming at my friend's rabbit rescue :)

(He is the Dad of my Foster Babies) He looks like he has a bit of Lionhead in him.

Thorn.jpg

When the lady bought in the babies, mummy and daddy - Kris thought that her Mum put Twilight in a hutch instead of her usual enclosure!!

Many breeds and mixes are chinchilla in color. Twilight is not a standard chinchilla, but is just chinchilla in color.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Many breeds and mixes are chinchilla in color. Twilight is not a standard chinchilla, but is just chinchilla in color.

Pam
I had a feeling he wasn't a purebred chinchilla.

Oh yes I know that they are not pure bred chinchilla 'breed' but they have chinchilla colourings. As this colouring graduates to beige - can this be classed as a certain chinchilla colouring type? (Or am I losing you?:p)

The first one looks more like a sable agouti than a proper chinchilla colour. The reason I say that is that the banding is much lighter/ browner down the sides. I would say there is a good chance of something similar in the second picture as well.

If you blow in the fur and loojk at the banding you will see its more brown than black and gray that chin is.

I agree with Polly that it could be a sable chin (or a very dark frosty). What is the color of the fur near the skin?

Many brownish chins often molt out into the correct darker color.

Pam

Latest posts

Back