what type of bunny is Lester?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momto1

Reaction score
I was told by Lester's breeder he was a mini lop but someone mentioned he looked like a holland lop. Are they two different breeds, and if so which does my Lester most resemble?

015.jpg

012-3.jpg

Yes, they are different breeds. He looks like a pet-typed Holland to me. However, if you got him from a breeder who has multiple pairs of Mini Lops, he probably is one. :p

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Yes, they are different breeds. He looks like a pet-typed Holland to me. However, if you got him from a breeder who has multiple pairs of Mini Lops, he probably is one. :p
Thank you. I am actually not sure what types of rabbits she bred. I said we were looking for some type of lop or a rex and she told me she didn't breed rexes but said that she was going to a show that weekend and could have some rex babies ready to go the day of the show. So I was confused on that one. He was advertised as a mini lop though.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
His mature weight will give you a better idea too.

Mini's tend to be 5-7ish lbs., Hollands are around 2-4.
Thank you. Is there a possibility though even his adult weight could fool us? I mean could he be an extremely large Holland or extremely small mini? It doesn't matter what breed he is we just say he's a lop earred rabbit :D.

The weight could make a fine line, but the characteristics of your rabbit at about 6 months could tell us for sure. Keep me updated, we'll figure it out. :)

Latest posts

Back