What to use as flooring in xpen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
So I just bought an xpen, and I was wondering what I could use as a flooring that's easy to clean and she is less likely to try and chew?

Generally I use a shower curtain and if your bun is litter trained but fleece over it. Mines not but he's also not a chewer so I put down wee wee pads (the training pads for dogs)

I use puppy pee pads too, buy them in bulk and they're not expensive. They might get chewed on a little around the edges, but not much. And if a mess happens, they're easy to just bunch up, throw away and replace with a new one.

I have/use an xpen for my bunny home/enclosure. I have been using a office chair mat as the flooring until I went to Lowe's & found a perfect size remnant of linoleum. My bunny girls only once when I initially set up their xpen with the office chair mat tried nibbling on it but that was the only time. They do like to chew wood toys & things though. I do think they are like children, needing to check things out with their mouth & teeth to decide if it is good or edible.

She is fully litter trained, so I wanted something that would be easy to clean over on her litter tray end (when she jumps in an out poo sometimes comes out) and I wanted a rug type thing on the other end where her bet would be. She doesn't like hard floors much lol

Latest posts

Back