What to pick up at walmart or dollar store

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPeasMommie

Reaction score
Tomorrow we are going shopping with hisgrandmother since she is going crazy being couped up in the house. Weare going to walmart first and then when we drop his grandmother off wewill stop at the dollar store.

I have a list written out and please add in anything that I might have forgotten.

1. large water bottle 32oz

2. ceramic bowl or should I use a bin feeder

3. bunny food from feed store

4. snacks oats, cheerios, craisens, fruits when she comes home.

5. toys baby plastic key rings, ball, if you know some please post

6. something to line the coroplast with to keep her from sliding around. Washable stiff carpet/ would that be best.

7. litter pan

8. tool box/storage container for first aid.

9. large cheap beach towel for her to lay on or play with.

Anything else?

I dont know what you feed your rabbits but, when I go to walmart I ALWAYS pick up:
-Banana Chips - cheap kind
-Yogurt chips/drops - in the small animal section.
-Hay
-Dried Apples - cheap kind $1 something
-Raisins
-Papaya Tablets - in the vitamin section...pretty cheap..called papaya enzyme

I think that is about it, I feel like I am forgetting something..hmm...Have you ever used the plastic baby key rings?..I was thinking abouttrying these for my buns. Do they usually play with these?..

Kelly :)

10. Toilet paper for the cardboard rolls. :)

11. Woody Pet. :D

12. Another bunny. :p

13. And don't forget to pick-up Grandmother. :shock:

Rainbows! :D

dane_luver2407 wrote:
Have you ever used the plastic baby key rings?..I wasthinking about trying these for my buns. Do they usually play withthese?..
I was told that they do play with them so I thought that I could pick up one for her.

I can not get another bun. I wish I could get her other sister. But the guinea pigs are taking over our lives and room.

I actually have heard Yogurt Drops were bad tobut, I have also heard they were good. So, I feed them VERY sparinglyand my Rabbits ABSOLUTELY LOVE them!!..
I know a few other Lionhead breeders that use them with no problem. I have never had any Problem with them. :)

I get my woody pet at a store calledTractor Supply Company. its about 5 $ for a 30lb bag. like 'farmer'stores/feed stores carry them, but not all of them will. You can alsogo to the website www.woodypet.comthey may have a link on there like 'find a dealer near you'

I have a few things to say.

First, I use a ceramic bowl and I really like it. Hecan moveit around, but it's generally too heavy for him to actually lift, andhe only flips it if he's angry. Plus, it's easy to clean and he can'tchew it.

Second, are cheerios good for rabbits, or is it just a little treat?

dane_luver2407, what do papaya tablets do?

Angelscavies-n-buns, I got a 30 lb bag of Woody Pet for $6ata local feed store. I emailed the Woody Pet company andthey were very nice about locating a few local dealers. I swear by thisstuff. I only change the litter box once a week, and I'm still yet tosmell theurine.

dane_luver2407 wrote:
-Papaya Tablets - in the vitamin section...prettycheap..called papaya enzyme
Thanks to Soooska......I haveSwiss Natural Super Papaya Enzyme 90mg. There are two types....regular and super,get the Super type as it containsBromelain (from pineapples).

Ifeed Pebblesthose 3 tablets a day.

The plastic key chains might be bad..... as the bunnies might chew and eat them.

Yes you have to check the link at Woody Pet for the nearest dealer for your location.

Rainbows! :)

I did that but they all are 1 hour and 20 minsfrom me. It aint worth it that long. How about wood pellets. It isstorta like woody pets arnt they.

A&C: Woodypet looks kind of like wood stove pellets.

It's worth the trip if you get a few bags at at time, in my opinion.I'd definitely stock up. Haven't found such an effective litter at suchan economical price yet that beats WoodyPet.

I also have never had any problem with Yogurt Drops. I look at themlike junk food, if you will. The rabbits love them, they're good as anoccasional treat, but they're high in sugar so you have to be careful.

People get into trouble with their rabbits when they give them 4 or 5 at a time and each day. It's too much.

One at a time and in moderation and you'll love the reaction you getfrom them if they're anything like my crew was when I first gave themto them. I stick with more natural treats now rather than the YogurtDrops, but every once in a while I still pick them up. Tucker wouldsell his soul for Yogurt Drops!

:)

-Carolyn

How about a plastic slinky? My buns LOVE that thing!

Also, about litter pans, I have had great luck with just a simple deepdishpan in the houseware section. It is deep enough theycan't kick their litter out, but not so deep they can't get intoit. Only $1.49 at WalMart.

Hoppy Shopping! Get it? Hoppy? ...ok, nevermind ;)

She is a baby so please keep treats to a minimum until she is 4 months of age.

Calf Manna is a good idea and can be found at most feed stores.

Remember the alfalfa hay she is going to need the extra calcium and protein for growing muscle and bone.

I personally bought the baby key rings and none of mine play with them. I gave them away.

Make sure you get enough of the feed she is currentlyon to last a month if you plan to switch to some other pellet.

Nutrical to help boost her appetite and immune system since the move may stress her a bit.

Vanilla for her drinking water if you want to start doing that.

For the bottom of her cage may I suggest straw mats. That wayshe's not sliding and can chew them without fear of it being bad forher.

An extra large litter box or a storage tote big enough for her to get into comfortably.

I prefer the bin feeder only because little ones have atendency to mess their foor bowls. They seem to like to potty inthem.

I would find out if the breeder has introduced any vegetablesand buy those as treats for her. Fruit is usually high in sugar contentand can upset her stomach especially if she's never had it.

Yogurt drops are ok in moderation. I used to break them in halfand break them in half again and only give them a piece in the morningand a piece at night.

Some good, sharpstrong nail clippers. You'll be surprised at how big and thick Flemish nails are.

Most of all handle her alot and often to get her used to beingheld. put her on her back too so she gets used to thisposition. It really helps for those nail clippingjobs when she gets older and bigger.

Congrats!!

Tina

Thanks Tina. I am writing everything down now.There is an agway feed about 20 mins from me and I am gonna call themtomorrow and see if they carry woody pets

I drive 25 miles each way to get the Woody Petand its a pain, specially with gas costing so much, but its worthit..last time we got 10 bags....so it'll last awhile!

How many buns you have and how much do you go through a month

I am only having one so It would last a bit longer but since we aregetting a big one I would say lot. We will stock up cause we love thefeed store so much cheaper and better

Latest posts

Back