What to pick up at walmart or dollar store

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rabbitluvr04 wrote:
What do the papaya pellets do, and how often should you give them?

It helps buns pass hair. I have heard (I am not sure-askCarolyn) two tablets a day are ok. But be sure to ask Pam orCarolyn or Tina or Amy how much and how often.

I honestly haven't read all these posts, so I might add the same stuff.

I use a ceramic bowl. It probably holds at least 2cups. I fill it daily. Sampson eats a mix of BlueSeal Show Hutch Deluxe and Manna Pro. He also gets 1 Tbsp ofCalf Manna daily. You can get the Calf Manna atTSC. I think it cost me $6 for 10lbs. Don't forgeta hay rack or something for the hay.

The treats you have listed sound good, just give her little bits atfirst. Sampson still doesn't get too many.(Shhhh...he does love pizza crust!)

Sampson and Lily are my only buns who like the keys andstuff. Sampson loves them though. He's a very cleanbunny and plays with them and then stashes them in his food dish or hislitter box. He also stole one of Shawn's socks and plays withthat all the time.

Watch the carpet or anything cloth, make sure she doesn't eat it. That's SO IMPORTANT!!!

Get a cat sized litter pan. Those work best. WoodyPet is a God send!! Your piggies could use it too.It's really cheap. I know Agway in Mars sells it.

Jen

I have 5 bunnies, as of tomorrow 6...I changelitter pans 2x a week (full changes) and I'd say a bag lasts about 3-4weeks with the 5.... Its great stuff...they are in a small room and theonly time I smell em is when I'm changing pans and stirring things up.;)

Yeah and Keelys pan is big, and I got Oreo agood sized one as she gets real fussy about hers being messy and won'tuse it...that helped alot!

With the papaya tablet it's generally two to three a day.

None of this crew likes the tablets so I buy the dried papayaand dried pineapple and give that instead. It works the same I justdon't give a lot of usually a half a teaspoon a day.

Tina

Is dried pineapple better then fresh....justcourious if the dried has more sugar then fresh........i give my bunfresh dandilion ....i find that at the cub foods store where i live.And i only give my bun fresh pineapple once a month...should he begetting it more then that?

The Zoo Crew are really picky and won'teat fresh pineapple or papaya that's why I use dried. It does havesugar and sulfar added to it in the drying process so I only give thema little bit.

If they are eating fresh I would think once a week would beenough. I have to give mine their's every day because the are notgetting the full benefit they would if they ate fresh.

Tina

My buns won't eat the fresh either.They love the dried though. I actually need to getmore. LOL They get a tiny piece daily.

Jen

I am going shopping right now, I am going to buythe chewable papyaya tablets right? also is there any other vitamins oranything that I should be giving my rabbits?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
10. Toilet paper for thecardboard rolls. :)

11. Woody Pet. :D

12. Another bunny. :p

13. And don't forget to pick-up Grandmother. :shock:

Rainbows! :D
LOL, haha the essentials!!

-k

Another question about carpet kind. I have thiscarpet that can be used for the house. Can I use that to line the cagewith or should I just buy washable ones with hardly any fuzzies on them

Rabbits tend to like eating fuzzy carpets. Ifyou can get indoor/outdoor carpeting that are very flat that'd probablybe your best bet.

We decided to go out to walmart few hours ago since it is so hot and muggy out to sleep. We were so bored out of our minds too.

Here is what I got for SweetPea.

1. a 32oz water bottle

2.Oats

3. Papaya taplets

4. Toys

5. Mats that will not hurt her. Non fuzzy ones

6. Litter Pan

7. I got her cage built today and right now the foster guinea pigs arein there until SweetPea comes home. It is a nic and the size is a 2x6.I wanted to do a 2x4 but hubby said bigger since we cut grass all dayso we can have more days off to be together and with the animals too.

I will be calling Agway near me to see if they carry woodpet. If notthen I will have Dan (Mambo) pick up some when he goes to work nextweek. It is near his job. Also I might just have him pick up a 50lbs offood along with woodypet. I am not sure until I find out about agway.Also the other question is that do I have to get calf manna right atthe moment. I just have enough to start out for the next few weeks andonce our grass cutting picks up then I can get some.

Latest posts

Back