What to do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Reaction score
I have contacted a breeder to make tentativeenquiries about a rabbit.There were two bucks ofthe colour I fancied in the litter, and I was told they would be madeready to reserve over the weekend once the breeder had got some furtherphotographs, and that she would be in touch to let me know what thedifference between the two boys was so I could chose one. Ispent the weekend watching my emails and the website like a hawk:ponder:, but didn't hear anything. I decided not to pester,as she is probably very busy, and there's always the possibility of afamily or personal emergency. So I kept waiting.

I've been lookingat the website today, and the litter I aminterested in is still listed as "In the nest" and not readyfor reservation, as she doesn't reserve them until they are atleastfour weeks old (they were four weeks lastFriday). However, there is now only ONE buck listed out ofthe two I was interested in, and I'm wondering if perhaps something hasgone wrong and she has maybe lost one :sosad. I will admit Iam very keen, and very excited at the prospect of having a new rabbit,but I'm now not sure what to do.... should I just keep quiet and waitfor the breeder to contact me again, or do I send a short email to saythat I hope all is well as I noticed one of the bunnies was removedfrom the site? I don't want to bother her with loads ofemails if she is busy, and she considers the rabbits to be her pets andhobby, not a business so she will be very upset if one of the babieshas gone to sleep....

Feel free to tell me that I'm being over-enthusiastic and to just wait quietly! :stikpoke

I emailed the breeder and got a message back tosay that two of the litter had died at the weekend, one of the two Iwas interested in and an opal buck, who were apparently the runts ofthe litter. She wants to hold off reserving them for theirfuture homes until she is sure that the remaining kits are happy andhealthy and I said I was completely happy with this - at the end of theday I'd rather the babies were safe and healthy than rush her to let mereserve one.

Congratulations on getting a new bunsoon! I don't think the breeder will mind if you email him to check upon the kits. It shows that you're interested. Keep us updated when youget your new bunny.

-Ellie

aww thats so sad about the two that passed.

it also sounds like she is being responsible and making sure the babies are healthy before promising them to anyone.

let us know how it goes!

Aww...poor sweeties...such a short life...:(

It's nice to hear that the breeder is so careful about this,though. What a heartbreak it would be to have your heart seton one in particular, and find out that the baby died. :(

I hope things continue to go well for the remaining babies...keep us posted, okay?

Love and hugs,

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back