What to do when it's night/raining?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekgirl101

Reaction score
Should I close their hutch up at night to try and keep some warmth in? What they have is a sleeping enclosure, next to that a door/ramp leading outside, next to that a wire "window" where I put their water, bedding and toilet. Should I close the door/ramp at night and when it's raining? And do I need to cover the run when it rains too with some plastic sheeting?

I've wondered also whether I should make a loose plastic flap to go over the wire window to help with insulation at nighttime.

Yeah, mine would've remained indoor had the landlord not gone mental and demand they were outside, because "rabbits should live outside" in her opinion.

Thanks for the link. I'll go get some plastic sheets like I got under the bird cage to put over their pen when it rains.

In poundland they sell them like ground sheets for when camping and i use them to cover the bunnies hutches at night and when it rains as all the hutches i've got for them let the rain in!

I wouldn't close the door/ramp as the bunny might want to lie by the ventilated area and then when she gets cold she can decide if she wants to go to her warm, cosy 'bedroom' :)

Latest posts

Back