What size x-pen do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyshizzle

Reaction score
I was wondering what size x-pen the majority of the bunny community uses? I was planning to get a 48" high one but I don't know if it's really necessary. Not sure which bunny I am getting since I am probably getting it in April after Easter from a rescue. I just need to know what height to get. Everything else I have covered. =P I have had buns before but one of my bunnies could jump out of the x-pen so I am assuming it was a 30" not sure though. I don't have that one anymore. It was plastic anyways.

Thanks!
-Amy

We have a silver Martin who is now around 5lbs and we have a 36in x-pen... He has never even attempted to jump out... It's waaaaay high for him I think! But we also don't have any shelves or anything that are too high either...

Depends on the bunny...I'm going to get Qtip the 48" because I've seen her sister (a fat Havana/lop mix) hop over a 36" for food, and Tippy's a lot more agile...

I ordered the 36" because a 48" is too high for me, even though it has a door. If I happen to get a bun that jumps over the pen I will get a cover. =) I also ordered a bed too. I am on my way to setting up. YAY!

Sounds like you are on your way to an excellent set up for your new bunny. YAY!

Can't wait to see pics when you get him or her.

K :)

I don't really use a pen for mine, since he's that well-behaved lol, but whenever I take him out to the backyard, I use the xtra large playpen to seal off the area(s) that he can't have access to. You can also get an extra large playpen and a small one to make it bigger..

Latest posts

Back