What size carrier for two bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keevabun

Reaction score
Hi! I currently have a small cat carrier for my 3 pound rabbit, and we're in the process of adopting her a companion. The rabbit we're looking at is currently 6 months old at 6.5 pounds, and the rescue says he could get up to 8 pounds. I need to get a carrier to take him home in that's also big enough for my 3 pound rabbit to share with him once they are (fingers crossed) bonded. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for what dimensions would be suitable. I was looking at a couple online that are around a foot tall and 19 or 22 inches long. Do either of these seem okay? I've never had two bunnies before, and when I had cats they always had their own separate carriers.

Also, I know they should share a carrier once they are bonded, but not before then, right? I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before we bring our boy home next month.

This one is very similar to the one I have for Theo. It is definitely large enough for two rabbits so I suggest getting that one or one of the same size.

Back