What size cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleys_mommy

Reaction score
What size cage would 8 rabbits (all spayed/neutered) need if I were able to bond them all together? What about if I just did 2 trios and a duo?

If we're talking indoors, in my opinion 8 bonded rabbits living all together would need a room, not a cage. You could build an NIC cage, but by the time you make it big enough to accommodate 8 rabbits, it's probably going to take up a large portion of a room anyway. It also depends on what size rabbits you're talking about and we really can't make any conclusions without knowing that.

Trios and duos, again, depending on size. For a duo of medium sized rabbits, I would say for an NIC cage, 4-5 grids long, 2 wide and 3-4 high (with two levels).
A trio of something like nethies could easily fit in a condo the same size, but if you're talking large breeds, you need something at least 5 or 6 grids long and 4 high.

I was planning on using puppy pens in a room to contain them away from the walls and off the carpet (I was planning on using a piece of wood and putting stick on tiles on top for the floor). It's looking like it'll be an 8' x 8' area if I use the spare bed room. Is that big enough? They're all 6-7# except one is 3#.

Back