what should i use to cover up the ends of the cage fence?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont because it was one that was bought awile ago , but if i cut a peice off and brought it to home depot or lowes maybe they could tell me?

i dont because it was one that was bought awile ago , but if i cut a peice off and brought it to home depot or lowes maybe they could tell me?
possibly! maybe you can use these websites to identify it yourself in the mean time?
Wood Identification
Wood identification
Also I looked at the tv stand and here is what I would do. Of course you know what’s best for your rabbit, just best utilization of the space. I would take down the wall on the right side, you could put a litter box on the right side, maybe a plastic storage container would fit well? they tend to come in a lot of sizes that would fit that space.You could use the left side as a hideout and possibly remove the top part so he/she could jump up on top? My rabbits like to be on top so the can watch down below 😂😂 Otherwise it seems good! 😊5DD4FA1E-30C3-402F-A659-4908B7A6B9CA.jpeg

possibly! maybe you can use these websites to identify it yourself in the mean time?
Wood Identification
Wood identification
Also I looked at the tv stand and here is what I would do. Of course you know what’s best for your rabbit, just best utilization of the space. I would take down the wall on the right side, you could put a litter box on the right side, maybe a plastic storage container would fit well? they tend to come in a lot of sizes that would fit that space.You could use the left side as a hideout and possibly remove the top part so he/she could jump up on top? My rabbits like to be on top so the can watch down below 😂😂 Otherwise it seems good! 😊View attachment 59924
oooh that seems like a good idea! ill take that into consideration as i build. also thanks for the website to try and see what wood it is :D

Also i what breed are you getting/planning on getting? As this enclosure seems to suit smaller/dwarf breeds? As then they would fit in the hideout 😊

oh i am planning on getting a rex rabbit. do you still think that this would be ok but without the hideout idea because i just relized it would be too small. and with the extra bigger room too?

Yea it would be fine with out a hide out, maybe you can just buy one so your rabbit has a place to hide. I messaged the manufacturers of the tv stand and they use mixed wood. They are going to try to give me what woods they mix
Edit
They said you could contact their wood manufacturer
“You may contact our Resolutions Department at 877-430-0703 for more information”
Also are you using the tv stand for Aesthetics so it fits in the rest of your house? Or convince since you already have it, as I have other suggestions! And is a tv being placed on it? 😊

Last edited:
Just saw this thread and agree with @PeanutsPlace about removing those inner walls to expand the entire area. The side compartments currently are too small to be of good use. I'd also like to attach a video of a similar thing that I did for a home-base cage. This one is 53" wide x 26" deep. Maybe this will help inspire you and give you some ideas.

Yea it would be fine with out a hide out, maybe you can just buy one so your rabbit has a place to hide. I messaged the manufacturers of the tv stand and they use mixed wood. They are going to try to give me what woods they mix
Edit
They said you could contact their wood manufacturer
“You may contact our Resolutions Department at 877-430-0703 for more information”
Also are you using the tv stand for Aesthetics so it fits in the rest of your house? Or convince since you already have it, as I have other suggestions! And is a tv being placed on it? 😊
oh thanks a bunch for that! im using it kinda for both (aesthetics and conveinence) a tv will not be placed on top ( a tv wont even be in the same room as the bunny)

Just saw this thread and agree with @PeanutsPlace about removing those inner walls to expand the entire area. The side compartments currently are too small to be of good use. I'd also like to attach a video of a similar thing that I did for a home-base cage. This one is 53" wide x 26" deep. Maybe this will help inspire you and give you some ideas.

okay then i think i will remove those walls and add a larger cage space next to the tv stand made out of c&c or something else

yes I
okay then i think i will remove those walls and add a larger cage space next to the tv stand made out of c&c or something else
would definitely add the c n c grid cage your bunny would be so happy! Especially considering that rex rabbits tend to be bigger. Are you looking at a mini rex or a rex? I believe rex rabbits tend to be pretty big compared to a dwarf. But i’ve never owned a rex so i’m unsure!
Edit!
Quick Facts about Mini Rex Rabbits
Source
Lifespan:7 to 8 years
Size:5 pounds, small/mini
Diet:70% pellets and hay, plenty of water, avoid grains and seeds, veggies like carrots, kales, and lettuce should be occasional
Minimum Tank Size:30 inches by 30 inches, 5 or 6 times its size
Source
Quick Facts about Rex Rabbits
Species Name:O. cuniculus
Lifespan:5-6 years
Size:Large 7 – 11 pounds
Diet:Herbivore
Minimum Cage Size:36″ W x 36″ L x 24″ H

Minimum Tank Size:30 inches by 30 inches, 5 or 6 times its size
😲 That's just 6 sq ft which is well below what the minimum should be for any rabbit cage.
yes i know it’s so sad. I was just doing it for the weight of the rabbit. I don’t believe that at all, as you can tell from my previous posts. I was just sourcing it😢

okay i think that i am going to follow everyones advice to get my rabbit a large pen instead of the tv stand and put it somewhere else in my room. though my question is that if i could, would it be ok to have a tv in the same room as the rabbit because i really do not want to get rid of the stand. (i probaly wont get a tv anyway cus theres one in the living room). and does anyone have any other ideas i could use the tv stand for. i relized that the rabbit would probaly be much happier with more room so i am planning to probaly get a dog crate and then connect it to a pen. what size dog crate should i get, and what size pen should i get? (hoping to spend 40$ or under for each but if required will spend more.)

That’s great on you! You could make it a hideout for your rabbit! Or, If there’s a lot of ventilation you can make it a litter box area!

Depending on your rabbit size, I would get a 48 inch pen, 1 pen will be a 4 by 4 (16) 2 pens will get you an 8 by 8 (64 sq feet!) There’s also these clear pens on amazon, but it’s more than your budget, as stated above the tv stand would make an awesome litter box area, (if there is ventalation) or an amazing little hideout for your bun!

Depending on your rabbit size, I would get a 48 inch pen, 1 pen will be a 4 by 4 (16) 2 pens will get you an 8 by 8 (64 sq feet!) There’s also these clear pens on amazon, but it’s more than your budget, as stated above the tv stand would make an awesome litter box area, (if there is ventalation) or an amazing little hideout for your bun!
okay thanks! and i could probaly use most of the shelves in there to put bunny stuff etc and leave the middle part for litter, i am going to take out the fencing in a bit and will try and find everythign i need on amazon etc :D

when i get the rabbit it will be a rex that is around 7-9 weeks once i get him. is there anything that i need to take precaution/have ready for a rabbit that young?

and any other info on how to prevent diseases etc?

i am so exited for summer because i end school around the middle of may and will probaly get the bunny sometime at the end of may early june. so lots of bunny time! <3

Last edited:
okay thanks! and i could probaly use most of the shelves in there to put bunny stuff etc and leave the middle part for litter, i am going to take out the fencing in a bit and will try and find everythign i need on amazon etc :D

when i get the rabbit it will be a rex that is around 7-9 weeks once i get him. is there anything that i need to take precaution/have ready for a rabbit that young?

and any other info on how to prevent diseases etc?

i am so exited for summer because i end school around the middle of may and will probaly get the bunny sometime at the end of may early june. so lots of bunny time! <3
Do you live anywhere near any outbreaks? Baby bunnies do a lot of binkies so make sure he has space to do them! If I think of anything more I will let you know

Back