What should i name him?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
He's my new rambunctious speedy little bugger and i want to give him a proper name instead of just calling him "väike poiss" so 20200609_145832.jpg20200609_143646.jpgreceived_316062866050583.jpegi've been thinking Illi or Villu but i'm not sure. Ash might be a nice name but it doesn't sound very nice in estonian...
Open to all suggestions!

I like Villu or maybe Storm or Stormy because of his distinct gray and white colors! He's so cute, by the way!

I think Stormy in estonian is tormine! I'm not sure if you like that but it's just an idea!

I believe it also translates to tormiline or tuisune! I don't speak estonian but I did some research, sorry if I'm wrong!

Best wishes~
Remy

Last edited:
I like Villu or maybe Storm or Stormy because of his distinct gray and white colors! He's so cute, by the way!

I think Stormy in estonian is tormine! I'm not sure if you like that but it's just an idea!

I believe it also translates to tormiline or tuisune! I don't speak estonian but I did some research, sorry if I'm wrong!
Yes, stormy is indeed "tormine" and we got him on a day when at night it was stormy (if it makes any sense) we don't use "tormiline" that much though as the first translation is the shorter form of it which is easier to say. "Tuisune" would be blizzardy, but yeah internet translations.
I kinda like calling him Storm because it sounds kinda similar in both languages if read out loud. Just put equal pressure to all the letters (and maybe silence the s) and that's how his name would be. Storm/Torm. Storm with tough letters sort of reminds me of norwegian or something, so it's also a cool side effect! I'll see how my parents like that name. (I know he's supposed to be mine but my parents call out to him as much as i do. But then again when they don't like it, they'll just call him by some other name, väike poiss for example) Thanks!

Oh, that's cool! I hope your parents like the name and I'm happy you really like my suggestion!

It would literally translate to "small boy".
That's what i decided to call him before setting on a proper name. The reasoning behind that is: before Musti got his name, we used to refer to him as "poiss" aka just "boy" as he indeed was a boy. Now that he's gone, i looked at my new bun and thought:eek:h, he's so much smaller compared to when Musti came home with us. Your temporary name? "Väike poiss" it is.
Tbh, i still accidentally say Musti to him when he gets into trouble. Shows how deeply connected we were...

It's okay. I need to get over my heartbreak and then i'll be fine thinking very fondly of him without crying.
Honestly, in all honesty, he was even better at being best friends with me than my actual friends. What a sweetheart.

My parents agreed to call him Storm (or slight varients of the name if they happen to forget) and he seems to like his name! He even allowed me to pet him while i called out to him when he was eating! He seems to like dried apple slices but he didn't taste the blueberry. That's just rabbit preference right? Thanks again for @Remy The Rabbit for the awesome suggestion!

Cute name! I'm glad you made progress with him! And him not eating the blueberry is just preference.

The only Estonians I ever knew were my uncle and his brother. Their names were Wello and Lembit (not sure of the spelling). Whatever you name him, I'm sure he'll like it. He's so cute! Love those long ears and big fluffy tail! <3

Stewart would surely be a nice name but not in those "criterias" that i had been looking under for Storm. His name both acts and looks his part, plus, it doesn't sound bad in estonian. Stewart wouldn't be the name for Storm and i definetly wouldn't like introducing any rabbit ever as "stew." I don't ever want anyone to associate my rabbit with being food, either.
It would be weird calling bunbuns "hautis" (stew) in here as people would most likely still look at rabbits the way our grandmas did ehen they were kids.
I don't mean anything said in this post as dramatic or serious, no. I just find the situation fun and i'm laughing on the inside writing this response!

The name works here as Stew is short for Stewart (Stu/Stuart) but the humor doesn't carry over to other languages as well. I will be the first to admit to a really warped sense of humor. I was in therapy for my knee, and the therapist was a real pain, so I turned everything she said to me into a sexual innuendo--after about 20 exchanges, she finally walked away and I got an ovation from all the other patients--one guy on a stationary bike told me it took him 5 minutes to quit laughing before he could start up biking again. Humor is mostly regional and very few can really transcend it--Danny Kaye and Victor Borge were both masterful.

Yes i have to admit that i'm kind of dry and crisp on the humor vein there, but i understood where your humor was coming from. It made me smirk and that already says something. That pun/joke wouldn't indeed translate well into estonian, if even at all. Sarcasm and humor just run differently here but i get what you were trying to do!

Latest posts

Back