What might Lucky be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justinsmom

Reaction score
Lucky is a sweet little guy, about 2. 5 yearsold. Here he is with my 15 year old son. Lucky is mostlyblack with a good deal of tan flecking. His belly is gray. I'd say heis about 4- 5 pounds. He is about 2/3 the size of our cat. I amthinking he's a 'mutt' butt I'd like to have others' opinions. Thankyou!

Aww, he's such a pretty boy!

I'm not too good with breed ID's. Even though he has "uppy"ears, his head and body remind me of a Holland Lop. Hiscoloring is really interesting. Maybe he hassomeBlack Otter in his genes.

Whatever he is, he's really pretty and looks very sweet.

close with the otter, but i would guess steel. ..if he was a otter you would see white on the tummy, under the chin,nose & eye circles, and in the ears. . .i would guess he is agold ticked steel. . .

as far as breeds go, i have no idea, maybe someone else might have an idea!

very cute though!

I agree with Katt. The color is definately steel.

Without actually examining him in person and assessing his fur type,it's hard to say. He does look like a Mini Satin.However, I can't tell if it is the light or if his fur is actuallysatinized.

I can also see Snuggy mom's point of the chunky head. Thehead also resembles that ofthe Florida White - they were usedin development of the Mini Satin.

Anyhow - very handsome rabbit!

Pam

Lucky has wonderful coloring!!!:) Bothyour son and rabbit are very cute.:D Sorry, no ideas onbreed, but just wanted to tell you how adorable your pairare. Take care, Beckie Trouble and Trixie

What does his fur feel like? Is itvery fine and soft or does it have a coarser texture to it?Does it return very rapidly to its original position when strokedbackwards? Does it have a very thick undercoat, or are theremore of the protective guard hairs?

Pam

you know pam, his coat does look like a satins,i don't know about body type, because i have never seen a mini satin inperson, but that coat is just so shiny. . .

TO me it feels pretty fine, like very soft catfur. It is pretty thick, too. This guy sheds a lot, too. He seems tohave a sort of downy undercoat.

katt wrote:
youknow pam, his coat does look like a satins, i don't know about bodytype, because i have never seen a mini satin in person, but that coatis just so shiny. . .

The Mini Satins have a compact body type. Due to theinfluence of the Florida White, many are rather blocky in the head(especially bucks).

Justin's mom, from your description of the coat, I'm really leaningtowards Mini Satin. The coats are very fine. Theonly color currently accepted for show is the white. In MiniSatins, the color of yours would be "Copper" and is a rather common,though unshowable variety.

Bluebird - most of the Thriantas I've seen have rather open, longer,coarse coats. Although it is "supposed" to have a nicerollback, I have yet to see one with a coat that the standarddescribes. A chestnut/copper cropout could never beproduced due to the lack of the dominant "E" gene.

Pam

thriantaSer3-06.jpg

photo from:http://www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com/Breed_Gallery/Thrianta.htm

Pam

Latest posts

Back