What kind of Rabbits to get for kids?What sex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry it's been a long day. That was pretty neat.

I know about rabbits being considered livestock. They are. And I also know about rabbits being pets. Anyone who would go to what you did to get ready for your rabbits, IMHO would never ignore them.

I think agility would really be a neat thing for your children to work with the bunnies. Outside or in. I think it's amazing that rabbits can be taught to do something like that. I guess I was naive.

I can't wait to hear how it goes. Please consider starting a blog. I enjoy mine. Plus I can go back and reread things. It's all learning. And I think your children will benefit from this learning experience.

Wishing you luck. I thing any kind of rabbit will be good for a child. As long as there is an adult who thinks so too.

K :)

I always tend to go over board, I research everything and I always try to by the best and do the best that I can for all of my animals, I may start a blog well see, Between work, My Kids,My Animals and my land I stay plenty busy, I Work 12 Hr Shifts so I have lots of days off which help. And doing what I do I can stop home and check on everyone while working.

Dutch are a really good breed of rabbit for kids. Lots of 4-Hers start out with them because they are really laid back & easy to handle for showmanship. They are also really smart as well.

Mini Rex and Holland Lops would be two other good breeds for kids, especially if they are younger and can't hold or carry larger breeds of rabbits.

All of these breeds are really popular with the youth exhibitors.

Emily

Two of the kid's are in 4 H so they may show rabbits, the two Dutches are show Quality Bunnies so well see.

Latest posts

Back