What kind of rabbit is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mom21

Reaction score
I picked this guy up roaming the neighborhood and living on the side of my house. I would've thought it was wild if it wasn't so big lol Sorry my pics aren't that great.

2ia7kev.jpg

308wa6p.jpg

OMG He/She is lovely. :inlove:

I have no idea what breed this lovely rabbit is. Lots of very smart knowledgeable people on here.

Look at those ears. It doesn't look like a wild one to me (at least the wild ones here in Canada).

Susan:)

With those big ears it looks like he might have some Flemish in him. Cannot tell if it has much of a dewlap though.

Thanks guys, I've never seen a "pet" rabbit like her before. Her color kinda looks like the wild rabbits around here, but their white is replaced with black on her. I'm horrible with guessing weight so I can't even try but she seems bigger than rabbits I've seen in pet stores and whatnot. I actually don't know if it's a he/she either.

CCWelch - I didn't have a clue what a dewlap was so I looked it up lol It doesn't really look like it to me but I'll post some better pictures today.

Honestly, I have no idea what breed this could be. Flemish mix is a decent guess, I think. I doubt he's wild, especially if it was easy for you to pick him up and take him in.

Thanks everyone. I looked up the Flemish rabbit and found quite a few that are identical to him/her. You don't think it could be a full one do you? Not many people around here have rabbits. If they do, it's just from pet stores and whatnot. Is there a way you can tell how old she is? I'm a little freaked out I might end up with a dog size bunny now lol

I would guess that if he/she is a flemish giant - it would be a flemish giant mix. The ears don't look long enough to be a full flemish giant and the face doesn't seem wide enough either.

I have some half-flemish giant mixes and they top out around 9-10 pounds. Some have their dad's flemish personality and others have their mom's personality (not as sweet).

Whatever this bunny is, he/she is gorgeous! I personally think Flemish Giant Mix as well.

What are your plans for the bunny? :)

Thanks everyone. I'm not too sure what I'm doing with this bunny just yet. As of right now, the plan is I'm keeping him/her. My daughter is completely in love, and I must say, I'm pretty fond myself. But I live in a very tiny house and have a dog and 2 cats as it is. I'm not worried about all of them "getting along" really, it's just a lot of work, KWIM? I let her out yesterday to check out the house a bit and OMG, I knew they pooped a lot, but geez. I have to try and figure out some sort of 'potty training' situation asap or I don't think I'll be able to keep her. 3 year olds and poop don't mix lol And if it's even a female, I think she might be pregnant. I still haven't been able to pick her up to check yet.

Do you know how much the rabbits weighs? The color is steel - common in a lot of the commercial breeds/mixes including New Zealands.

what a cute bunny. i agree with the flemish mix perhaps flemish and new zealand. i am going to guess female because in the last 3 pictures it looks like she has dewlap. i could be wrong but just guessing.

Latest posts

Back