What kind of bunnies do I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarveyAndSam

Reaction score
I know that Sam and Harvey are dwarfs. But I'm not sure what "breeds" or colors they are. I believe that Harvey might be a netherland dwarf (silver maybe?), based on pics I've seen, but Sam seems a bit different. Her ears a tad bit longer (though still the shorter kind), she has blue eyes (which never shows in pics) and her fur (although very soft) isn't as silky as Harvey's.

Can you guys tell from this pic what breeds my bunns are? Thanks!:)

bunbuns.jpg

bunnies11.jpg

bunnies2.jpg

bunnies5.jpg

Hello!

Sam and Harvey are adorable!

I dont know much about colors/breeds, but usually things like this go in the Rabbitry and Show room. Its no big deal, a mod will move it for us :)

I do know that Sam is Agouti, the color of wild rabbits.

They are so cute!

Yep -The brownis a Chestnut Agouti.

Doesthe bluehave an fawn color behind his neck? (It appears to be fawnish in one of the photos). If so, it's either a blue otter or an opal. Opals have a fawn band when you blow into the coat.

A blue silver marten would have white at the nape of the neck.

They both look like Netherland Dwarfs.

Harvey and Sam are too cute!!

They both look like Netherland dwarfs, definitely dwarf mixes of some sort. How much do each of them weigh- that will help a lot.

Harvey's color is called Blue Silver Marten.

Sam confuses me a bit because she is a solid color, but has the blue eyes!! Her color is called Chestnut agouti. I'm guessing she probably has blue eyes because she is most likely a Vienna marked. That means she has the BEW (blue-eyed white) gene in her. Are her eyes a crystal blue or a steely grey blue?

Either way, you've got an adorable duo :bunnydance:

Looks like Pam and I posted at the same time!

Yep, if Harvey has a fawn color in the lighter areas, he is probably a Blue Otter instead.

Thanks so much guys. I really wasn't sure where to post this question. Thanks for moving it for me.

Harvey doesn't have fawn in him..I think it was just the lighting in the pic. One of my friends thought he was a blue silver martin too.

Sam's eyes are a gray blue..just lovely.

I have not been able to weigh them yet. Neither likes to be picked up and kick quite a bit (they are still getting used to me and did originally come from rescue...so Sam is pretty skittery). But I was told they both weigh about 3 lbs.

Thanks again for the help on colors. I wasn't sure if "agouti" is used for bunnies too. I have had ratties that were agouit, and Sam is definitely that same color with the ticking of other colors.

Back