What kind of bite is that??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkleeAjax

Reaction score
We just adopted a very tiny, 6 month old lionhead female. She's very anxious and definitely acts like prey. Hates to be picked up, but loves to be held. We are slowly gaining her trust, but it will take time. She's is not spayed yet. Her appointment is next week.

Several times now, she'll be on my chest completely content, chattering her teeth gently and almost falling asleep. I love it. But at least three times while in that position, without warning, she'll lean out slowly and bite my chest or neck -- she does this slowly. She'll bite, and I'll feel her teeth sink in and then she HOLDS IT like a vampire. :eek: My other buns have bit me, but it's a hard nip and they let go.

What's is this vampire biting all about? Anyone experience anything like that? Here's a pic of our newest bun.

Attachments

• bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 6
Mine has 2 times and then I put him away for a few minute and get him out again then iick him up and he's fine

When she does this, is she being held in a way that she cannot move to another spot? In other words, is she unable to get off of your chest (because the way down is too far, for example).

Latest posts

Back