What it takes to get school canceled in Georgia...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketsizedrhino

Reaction score
I understand its more because of ice since we don't have adequate means to salt all the roads. Most of my college is made up of commuters so I guess they're really forced to close when driving conditions are bad.

These two are the view off of my porch:
k1w5so.jpg

spykc7.jpg

and here is the parking lot at my apartment complex... that's my car in the bottom left!
212ty1f.jpg

There were some little boys out the other night making snowballs..errr..grass/mud/snow balls.

Most of the snow and ice are gone now.

You Southerners are too funny! Surprised they didn't declare a State of Emergency, or did they???

Haha yep I'm over there too, Eileen. I always love your Gulliver pictures! :)

Grace, I thought it would be a normal thing over in Ireland! I guess I don't know anything about the climate over there.

The North of Ireland and the East or Midlands will see the odd sprinkle of snow each winter but the further you go down South the more we are influenced by the Gulf stream. I've seen proper snow here for the first time in twenty years.

Wow. We wouldn't even really consider that winter weather. :p I think we had more snow last JUNE! (and yes, it did seriously snow in June here last year).

Kahlin where are you in Ontario? Must be Northern ON somewhere. If I'm not mistaken I think my sister who lives in Timmins said they had bad weather last June.

Susan

kahlin wrote:
Wow. We wouldn't even really consider that winter weather. :p I think we had more snow last JUNE! (and yes, it did seriously snow in June here last year).

I would be swimming in that pool myself, snow or not!

Denise

That first picture looks so very pretty....

I was thinking...about the snow that is....South Australia (my home) is the driest state of Australia...and i just don't know how people would go if it decided to snow here one day..haha!...but somehow i'm sure they would act just like your home town lol.

Be careful out there! I can tell just from the pictures it's icy, which is which a worrying hazard. We had a big snow storm in December that produced the most snow ever seen in about 20 years in the area. The real problem was the ice! I was helping my mom walk to the mail box and she almost slipped 3 times. Lots of people were showing up in the hospital with broken hips and even fractured skulls. I got stuck on a hill driving back home from the rabbit rescue. The tires were just spinning and the car was skidding sideways. I parked it and walked the rest of the way home then waited until the ice thinned to go back and try again. Black ice is what really frightenes me! :lookaround

:carrot -Erika

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
Haha yep I'm over there too, Eileen. I always love your Gulliver pictures! :)

Grace, I thought it would be a normal thing over in Ireland! I guess I don't know anything about the climate over there.
Lol, it's because we are surrounded by sea and stuff so that is supposed to have something to do with it not snowing much.

It usually doesn't get below freezing here, but this has been a weird year!

SOOOSKA wrote:
Kahlin where are you in Ontario? Must be Northern ON somewhere. If I'm not mistaken I think my sister who lives in Timmins said they had bad weather last June.

Susan
North Bay, so yes Northern Ontario. I was out of province and driving back to the area when I got a text from my husband saying 'watch out for the snow'. I thought he was messing with me. But, no, he really wasn't!

lol i am originally from Georgia..and it's true they do not get the idea of snow in south georgia :)

LOL. When I was in high school, one of my best friends moved from Kansas to South Carolina. The first month they were there, they got about 1/2" of snow (at most). The entire town was shut down. The whole family went out to enjoy the day off from work/school, and couldn't find a single open store or restaurant. Pretty hilarious.

LOL well we got 22 inches or so...i have about 5 feet in drifts in my yard...im not a fan of snow so you can have ours!

Latest posts

Back