What is YOUR job?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run my own beauty salon and am fully qualified as a beauty therapist too. When i am not working i am looking after my buns and cleaning the house. :)

well, my job isn't very impressive, or very exciting!

i work in the kitchen at the hospital in the area. i work with the nutritionist to make sure that the trays the patients get are okay for their diet. the only real plus is that i learn lots about the different diets, and about eating healthy. i work 40 hours a week some weeks, sometimes i put in up to 50. . . most weeks i get overtime and work 6 days with 12 day stretches!

i also dabble in prep-cooking, which i love! and anything else that they need help with (i am everywere most days, from the dishroom, to the cafe, to the tray-line, ect)

it is a very low stress job. . . and that is what i like! i gave up my old job for something less stressfull! (and boy was that stressfull! being 18 years old, with 6 people you are basically in charge of, manning a project were we were taking old paper medical records and transforming them into electronical records! not as easy as it may sound. . . it was for a huge office were we would work on up to 200 charts daily, with some as think the phonebook! ahh!)

i am also a full time bunny mom, a new full time rat mom, i watch my sister's new baby 3 to 4 days a week in the afternoon for a few hours (after getting up at 4:30 am, going to work from 6 am to 2:30. . . full 8 hours day, plus 3 to 4 hours with a newborn!)

and i am a part time, leading to full time RO addict!

not to mention i am still at 5 maybe 6 books a week being read, cleaning the apartment (i normally do everything but the dishes as long as my roommate does the dishes), visiting my parents about 1 day a week, and cooking dinner every night for my roommate and i!

okay, maybe i am busier then i thought i was!

I am a wife, mother to 6 rabbits, 2 soon to be 4 guinea pigs, 1 gecko, 1 skink, and a dog. Also foster mom to another rabbit. I care forspecial needs animals.I am table captain at Target. I tie, set, pull, stock, order and keep clean all the clothing tables in all clothing sections of the store. Recently a team lead was fired and I have been more or less in charge because I am the only one who can. I write, and also make things. Moderator on this forum.

JadeIcing wrote:
I am a wife, mother to 6, rabbits,

Looks like you are saying you are a mother to 6.....children :p.

Well i am a student, and occasionally work at a hairsalon. (during the hollidays) I ge payd 30$ a day and they supplie my breakky, lunch, and dinner. All i have to do is play recepionists and sweep.

Wow - what a neat looking hotel Gordon!

Well first of all, I consider my first "job" to be Art's wife - for 27 years now and going strong. Then I'm a mom to my twins...and all of my other family relationships come into play.

I work part-time as a mystery shopper for many different companies. Currently I'm doing about 6-8 grocery store mystery shops per month along with some fast food places, a clothing store and the post office next month.

Finally though - I work as a contract agent for a company that provides at -home employees to work as customer service representatives for many different corporations. I work for a major financial company and a major credit card line from 2 pm - 7 pm CST Tuesdays - Saturdays. I had to go through a background check, credit check and drug test in order to get this job. All of my calls are recorded. I handle about 30-50 calls per day and do anything from check to see if people can get a credit limit increase, to taking payments by phone, giving out current credit amount available on an account, reporting lost/stolen cards (and sending out new ones), activating credit cards and so much more...the list goes on and on.

I am amazed when I look back on the amount of training I had to go through for this job - how I had to learn about the privacy laws, fair credit reporting act, etc. I spent over 100 hours in training before I ever took my first call.

There are days when I love my job and days when I hate my job. With tomorrow being Black Friday, I imagine it may be a day when I have mixed feelings about it.

Peg

P.S. Oh yeah - I am a bunny slave and rabbit breeder too - but I have cut back on my breedings until this last month when I did a few.

I'm a student, A bunny mom/foster mom, and I have a full time job as a Barista at Starbucks =P

-April

I am starting my 5th year (making me an ancient employee even though I'm only 22 :p)at a specialized toy store. Well, we specialize in educational boardgames. Needless to say, it's pretty crazy at this time of year. :)

I am continuing my course in animal care andplaying mom tothe kitten and 4 bunnies.

Latest posts

Back