What is your bunny's daily menu?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Mackeral, Pet Bunny! That looks like a Rabbit Bu - Fay you served up there!
I'm not showing that pic to my buns, or they will be demanding the same!
They get everything in ONE bowl - one bowl for each of them - from which they steal from each other...
So that kind of makes it a buffet dining experience I think... :wink:

I live in China and haven't found rabbit pelletsor hay, so my ChinaBun is on an all-vegetable diet. She seems to dofine on it. I learned the hard way that too many carrots will mess upher stomach, causing her to lose her appetite and stop pooping. Sherecovered after my students and I gave her baby medicine for gas(simethecone, probably, though I couldn't read the label). Another timeI overfed her, and she stopped eating and pooping for a day. Sincethen, she's been off of carrots and also I haven't given her as much asI had in the past. I go to a vegetable market that has several vendors.They know that I buy veggies for my rabbit, and I suspect some of themgive me the "special foreigner price"! Maybe they think that I am rich,since I buy a bag full of veggies every other day just for my bunny. Iget her a variety of green leafy things (I know some of the Chinesenames, but not the English names), cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower,broccoli and green beans.

Nancy

My 2 bunnies have :

Timothy (occasionally Oat) Hay and pellets for breakfast and lunch

1 or 2 inches of carrot and some veggies for dinner( if available)

carpet and pearl grass for supper (when they are having their run time in my little garden they eat the grass growing in it)

pellets and hay for the rest of the night after I put them back in their cages.

Occasional treats are a raisin each, a slice of apple each, an inch of banana each or some papaya

Babii get unlimited foood, it has dried corn in it and apple slices. She doesn't eat much so that (if I don't touch it) if I don't touch it, it will be half full the next day.
She gets half a bag (big bag) once a week and it usually lasts her because she only eats it when she lays down to sleep.
I give her bottled water only too.

Axel and Juno are on 1/2 cup of Bunny 16 pellets with some race horse oats mixed in in the PM... I add fresh timothy/grass hay in the AM for nibbling throughout the day and 3 Craisins each in the AM and PM. Hay is plentiful here with the horses who share the barn.

I occasionally add 1/8 apple or a carrot mid day as a fruit/veggie snack. Axel likes them... Juno is more discriminating in her tastes.

Denise

Hershey gets free feed of pellets, hay and veggies. He eats the veggies most, then pellets and doesn't eat much hay. I give him 2 or 3 craisins at night for a treat.

The winter veggies include:

cilantro, parsley, Spring Mix, leaf lettuce and dandelion greens

Summer veggies include:

dandelion greens, alfalfa, grapevine and leaves, chicory, wild carrot, wild parsley, mulberry leaves, red clover and sweet clover.

Back