What is your bunny scared of?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting....

our biggest rabbit....30 pound Flemish Andre "The Giant" is scared of everything. I think he is even scared of himself. His almost as large friend, Chyna "The Big Show" has no fear of anything at all.

Randy

Billy is scared of:
- upbeat music
- sparrows
- sounds of birds chirping
- sound of the vacuum cleaner
- dogs
- sound of Ronnie tearing newspaper
- sound of Ronnie stomping his foot
- a knock at the door
- sound of the frying pan
- scary movies
- me, if I chase him slowly on all fours
- me, if I make funny growly noises
- me, if I walk out of the hallway too quickly
- if I thought about it really hard I could make this list much longer

He's pretty much scared of everything! :p

My buns are pretty laid back...but one thing they've ALL jumped at...

When it's pretty dang dark in here (well, I've a bit of night blindness, so it doesn't have to be too dark), and I get up to go to the bathroom, and I cross the room...I DO NOT put my arms out to feel around...

The one time I did, they ALL jumped and scattered (as best as they could in their cages, lol). I felt SO BAD!!

Other than that...Velveteen's really my only scardy bun...and he mostly just reacts to quick movement...or whatever anyone else reacts to...hehe!!

okiron wrote:
The syringe to give them meds with lmao.
Oh! I totally forgot...

Fiver's got a HUGE syringe phobia...whenever I've had to give him meds in a syringe, I have to cover the syringe, because if he sees it while in my arms, and on the way over to the table I do meds on...he PANICS!!! Poor guy...and talk about some arm scrapings and as JimD has called it..."chainsaw with fur"!!

Oh wow, I could write for ages on this topic lol!

Chalk: there's not much she's scared of, she's the fearless one. The only thing she doesn't like is being turned upside down lol...

Mouse is scared of EVERYTHING. If you open the top of the cage, she jumps down just in case you might try and pet her, and she will avoid being picked up at all costs. Both her and Chalk are scared of Snowy, and they will both often creep up to her and Barney's cage, and pop their heads around the door, and then run off terrified!

Barney is only scared of being petted or picked up when he's outside of his cage, then he runs away quickly, other than that he's not scared of much, apart from when you have him on your lap and he decides that he's had enough of pets and wants to jump down... he has to kind of scoot down your leg as he's scared of heights! LOL!

Snowy is also only scared of being picked up, and she will kick and struggle as much as she can, I need to learn to stop wearing any kind of low-cut top or short sleeves when I need to pick her up, as I've ended up with some pretty bad scratches in some pretty bad places lol! :shock:Also, as she can't see very well she gets scared if you make sudden movements in her direction quietly....

Think I've just about covered it lol! :p

Henri and Acorn don't really seem to be scared of anything. . . .

I just discovered however that Lilly is scared of thunder! It was thundering pretty loud here and she ran and hid in the corner. . . . It isn't really thundering much anymore but I guess she's freaked out because I just got up to do something and she ran away from me.

VACCUM CLEANERS. He used to be terrified, but now I think he just looks offended. If I make sudden movements he'll occasionally dart to the safety of his litter box. CAR RIDES.

Tallulah is scared of not getting enough love and attention and of not being fed on time. Rory is scared of Tallulah getting more love and attention than him! His little eyes go wide when he sees her getting attention from me... Both of them are scared of going to the vet.

It takes a lot to bother Amber, but the garbage truck really scare her every Tuesday and Friday morning!

Devon's afraid of pretty much everything. He's pretty afraid of the vets, too. Here's an amusing story about that from my blog:

Today we took him in for a follow-up checkup and blood work after his bout with stasis. While we were waiting in the exam room, I took advantage of the fact that it’s about the only situation when he’ll let me hold him. All the while techs came in and out of the room and there were other people talking in the hallway. But the minute he heard Dr. Mackensen’s voice outside the door, his heart rate doubled. I guess rabbits have a pretty good memory! I told the vet when she came in, but I don’t think she was as amused as I was:?. Although he was pretty good about letting her take his blood.

My pet rats, the shop vac, Ryan when he yells at his xbox360 games, when I stumble out of bed in the morning, a crowd of people talking loudly in the other room....

...and they are afraid of not being fed every day at 6pm.

Snuff is a wussy:p. Last year while out in the pen, there were two wild buns in our yard about 10 feet away and he freaked out and started thumping, while Angel didn't act like anything was out of the ordinary...

He's also scared of my laugh, when it's loud:shock:. That's all I can think of at the mo.

Loud music I found that one out today while trying to vacuum the floor i turned it up so i could hear and they both ran for cover poor babies so no more music while cleaning :(:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back