What is Winston

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferCameron

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Winston is a purebred netherland dwarf. I heard that petshops sell mix bred rabbits and pass them off as purebreds. I know he's not show quality lol but I'm not sure if he's just not show quality or or if in fact he is not purebred. I look forward to your opinions and thank you in advance.

In lots of the pictures he looks like he's not completely black because the flash, you can see in one of the pics that he is in fact black lol.

Thanks again!

n507440355_652263_4446.jpg

n507440355_652282_1832.jpg

n507440355_652257_3076.jpg

n507440355_652259_3749.jpg

n507440355_652266_6549.jpg

He's really cute.

IMO, He looks like a nethie. Not sure if he's purebred or not. Once Pam sees this though, she'll probably be able to tell you quite a bit of what he looks like since she'sa rabbit judge.

If you're under 19, then you could show him in 4-H in a pet class ;)

Emily

If your little guy is under 2 1/2 pounds, he does meet the show standard for a Netherland Dwarf (although does have some faults, so wouldn't be a competitive show rabbit).

Without an accurate pedigree, it's impossible to say if he's "purebred". There are many mixed breeds that can meet show standards for purebreds. I have a Mini Rex x Dwarf Hotot cross that looks exactly like your rabbit. ;)

Pam

Thank you for the reply.

I knew he wasn't show quality and cause his head isn't round enough and he has little white hairs (I'm proud that I was at least able to tell that much)

I realy want to go to a rabbit show in Toronto one of these days just to watch.

I think he's cute as pie still.

Thanks again!

Back