What is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted about my female rabbit a few days ago (born without reproductive organs but still very hormonal at 9 months old, digs everything, chews everything, marks their stuff with pee, humps my male rabbit, had a false pregnancy and made a nest). Anyway, today we found this, there is no nest anywhere, it looks like fur ripped out and a big chunk of fur from we don't know where. I don't know why she's doing this. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_133119.jpg
    IMG_20200607_133119.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200607_133031.jpg
    IMG_20200607_133031.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
No, they were just separated yesterday with a fence and she's in a smaller place until her litter box habits hopefully get better. Nothing was moved and there was no noise from them in the night and we are right in the next room so it doesn't look like they got in a fight with each other. And honestly the male rabbit won't do that, he's very sweet, if anything she's more aggressive.

I think that she just have a false pregnancy/ hormonal. I know my girl would rip out her own fur sometimes and I could find fur in her cage. It calmed down after a while when the hormones calmed down.

When did her hormones calm down?

After a year the hormones started to settle, then it would be spring feelings later on it made my girl a bit of a grumpy queen and pulling fur.

Even spayed girls can go through the false pregnancy and be a bit grumpy even though they miss the reproduce organs ☺️

After a year the hormones started to settle, then it would be spring feelings later on it made my girl a bit of a grumpy queen and pulling fur.

Even spayed girls can go through the false pregnancy and be a bit grumpy even though they miss the reproduce organs ☺

Do you know if digging and biting will stop once her hormones settle? She always digs out her litter box and makes a very big mess and bites the wood in our apartment, we bunny proofed their room but they like to come out and free roam the whole apartment, the male rabbit is good and doesn't damage anything but she bites the wood and there is wood everywhere so it's not easy to bunny proof everything.

Do you know if digging and biting will stop once her hormones settle? She always digs out her litter box and makes a very big mess and bites the wood in our apartment, we bunny proofed their room but they like to come out and free roam the whole apartment, the male rabbit is good and doesn't damage anything but she bites the wood and there is wood everywhere so it's not easy to bunny proof everything.

It will calm down if it’s caused by hormones/ false pregnancy but if it’s the normal behavior it won’t stop. It’s something you will have to wait and see. Make a digging box for your girl and have a lot of toys she can chew on and fresh branches, it can help protect your place a little bit at least ☺

Because digging and chewing is often normal behaviors.

It will calm down if it’s caused by hormones/ false pregnancy but if it’s the normal behavior it won’t stop. It’s something you will have to wait and see. Make a digging box for your girl and have a lot of toys she can chew on and fresh branches, it can help protect your place a little bit at least ☺

Because digging and chewing is often normal behaviors.

Thank you very much for your replies😊

Latest posts

Back