What is the Myxo RHD PLUS vaccine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got an email from my vet about a new vaccine for our bun that will be offered to us when we go for our booster, I'll leave the email below, but I've never actually heard about it and I'm a bit curious as to if any one has heard about it? I'm just curious! :)

Here's the email-

We would like to advise you that we have recently introduced a new vaccination that will protect your rabbit from myxomatosis and both types of viral haemorrhagic disease (RHD1 and RHD2), with a single injection. This vaccination is called Myxo RHD PLUS.

Our team will offer you this new vaccination when Bambi is due their next annual booster.

From what I understand, those who own rabbits in the UK or other parts of Europe, should get their rabbits vaccinated. I know @Hermelin and @Apollo’s Slave and other members who frequent here have gotten them for their buns.

Now, RHDV just recently started spreading in the US the past few years, with the most recent spread happening in Southern California when they found 3 wild cottontails with the disease. It's only a matter of time before I have to vaccinate my rabbit too. Right now, vets in the US need to get the vaccinated exported so we have to request it on our side of the world.

Last edited:
I have heard about it, it came in may here in sweden, just a couple week after my bunnies did their normal vaccinations. I could of payed less than what I did if I had waited for the new vaccination but it was too late when the news came out 🤣

Hey guys I just got an email from my vet about a new vaccine for our bun that will be offered to us when we go for our booster, I'll leave the email below, but I've never actually heard about it and I'm a bit curious as to if any one has heard about it? I'm just curious! :)

Here's the email-

We would like to advise you that we have recently introduced a new vaccination that will protect your rabbit from myxomatosis and both types of viral haemorrhagic disease (RHD1 and RHD2), with a single injection. This vaccination is called Myxo RHD PLUS.

Our team will offer you this new vaccination when Bambi is due their next annual booster.
Yes, this is new vaccine that covers Myxomatosis, VHD1 and VHD2. So, instead of getting Nobivac and Filavac vaccinations, they now need only 1 vaccination.

Latest posts

Back