What is the best diet for a show/breeding/pet rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am REALY trying to get a better diet for my rabbits. I use ForMax Feeds and it is working well I also give them free feed hay and a few sunflower seeds once a day. Any other suggestions they also get vegtable/fruit/grass treats.

RubyRushRabbitry wrote:
OK, but May I ask how?:baghead I'm a little new and :craziness to this site
The thread has been placed into the Rabbitry section for you. It won't be on the original board you put it in, but a section that may get more notice on this subject.

I am assuming that you have mini-rex from your description of rabbits. One of the most important things is not to overfeed them. My rabbits get on average 1/2 cup of pelelts-16% protein and 18% fiber a day. I also give themtimothy hay and an occasional treat of sunflower seeds or dry oatmeal. Mini-rex are notorious gluttons and will over eat and go over the maximum allowed show weight pretty easily. Brood does with litters are free fed of course.

Good luck with you show rabbits.

Roger

Thanks I will start to lower them to 1/2cup of feed I am breeding my Doe today so I will have to raise her feed back up again once she has kindled.

Latest posts

Back