What is Rory?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm not very familiar with rabbit breeds and was just curious if anyone could take a guess at what Rory is. He's probably some sort of mix. Also, what is his coloring called? I'm just guessing broken agouti. He's really not that dark, it was just the lighting in the picture.

Thank you :biggrin2:

Hi there! I'm not sure how much he weighs, but I'm guessing about 5 pounds. I'm not even sure if he's full grown yet. The animal shelter had very little info about him, one thing said he was 3 months old and something else said he was an adult. His testicles have descended. I'm making his neuter appointment today and they should be able to tell me how old they think he is and we can get a weight on him. As for size, how should I measure? He's medium sized I'd say.

He looks like a mini-lop cross to me.

He's a very cool looking rabbit!

Roger

When you blow on his hair, does he have rings of color or is it just like that brown color all the way to his skin?

If his testicles are descended, he's mature, and probably 5-6 months. I tend to agree with Roger, maybe a Mini Lop cross with aFlorida White? Difficult to guess. Pretty agouti markings though! (And I do like his name!) :pet:

Doesn't matter as long as he's a sweet boy! Good luck with him... I'll bet he'll run your life in no time at all! :inlove:

Hi everyone, thanks! The mini lop mix certainly explains the ears then!

:bunnydance:

I will blow on his fur tomorrow to see what the coloring is like, then report back!

LOL I love that about lop crosses, they always look like their ears can't figure out what to do! The ones that have the "airplane" ears are funny too.

Hey guys! I'm back! I blew on his fur and it's gray closest to the skin, then brown, then dark brown. His white fur is white all the way to his skin. Also, he weighs exactly four pounds and the vet says his full grown weight will be about 5 pounds. Do you suppose he's a Holland lop mix or is he a mini lop mix?

No doubt in my mind that it's a mini with really bad ear control. Has the head and body type. He would be a really big holland and has the wrong body type and head. Mini's tend to be slow developers so expect 5 -6 pounds. They can keep growing, slowly though, till a year old sometimes. They are considered mature at 6 months. Once they hit 7 - 8 months though their weight generally stays the same, just muscle growth and head development from then on.

And yes he is a broken black chestnut agouti.

I also have some small 4 and a half pound minis that are full grown. If he doesn't get any bigger I supposse he could be a big holland but doesn't look it to me. Especially cause his ears are to long, long body, wrong shape and mini head.

Wow, thanks Honeysuckle! So do you think he's a mini lop mix or a full mini lop with crazy ears?

Back