what is Ned?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hello, you wonderful rabbit breed knowing people! I've been wondering for a while what Ned might be. He came from the shelter so I have no idea except that I know he's cute. Also, we're guessing he just turned 1 year old. Does that sound about right?

his face:

IMG_0913resized.jpg

his back:

IMG_0942resized.jpg

IMG_0920resized.jpg

IMG_0982resized.jpg

IMG_0968resized.jpg

If it's hard to tell with the lighting in the photos, he's white with different shades of gray spots and also just random gray hairs. As you get closer to to his tail and down his sides, some of the hairs become very light gray and light cinnamon colored. Also, his eyes are burgundy colored- they look brown in bright light outside, but in normal lighting you can see they're burgundy and they're bright red with a camera flash. His fur is very cottony and his tail is smaller than any of my other bunnies' tails, you can hardly see it if he's sitting normally. Oh yeah and he's about 4 pounds

Thanks!

He looks like a dwarf mix to me, since his ears are a bit on the shorter side, and because of his weight.

It appears that he is probably a shagouti. LOL! An agouti of some kind bred to a shaded produces these. He looks like a sable chin or something weird like that, as far as color.

Not sure! Definitely a mix though.

He reminds me so much of my Cinnamon girl! :)

She has her cinnamon coloring here and there, too. :)

Aw mummy nibbled off his ear. I had an English Angora with that issue awhile ago...

Dare I say it looks like he's got some sort of broken with "shagouti" as OakRidgeRabbits puts it. Super cute!

Interesting! Shagouti, eh? He sounds like one special boy. Though I knew that already. How did he get his burgundy eyes? My first rabbit, who was a Netherland Dwarf with sable marten markings, had the same color eyes.

Neddie's poor little earsie was bitten off by a big bunny at the animal shelter. The shelter stupidly put Ned and another little bunny in a cage with the huge bunny that was 5 times their size and he ripped off their ears. One ear is pretty much gone and the other has the tip missing. this happened about 6 weeks ago.

The shaded colors (siamese sable, sable point, seal, etc.) usually have a red tint to their eyes. So they wll appear burgundy or reddish when they are tilted the right way. :)

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Neddie's poor little earsie was bitten off by a big bunny at the animal shelter. The shelter stupidly put Ned and another little bunny in a cage with the huge bunny that was 5 times their size and he ripped off their ears. One ear is pretty much gone and the other has the tip missing. this happened about 6 weeks ago.

Sometimes I just want to thump people!! I know that people that work at shelters must love animals, or they wouldn't be there, but COME ON! Learn something about bunnies, will you?!

Ned is gorgeous!

I must say, good for you for looking past his little ear challenge. So many people would automatically skip over such a bunny. One of our Flemmies, Velvet,has an ear challenge, too, though not nearly as severe. Her's happened at birth; she has a little chunk missing from one of her long, beautiful ears. She has still managed to winBest of Breed and Bestof Variety multiple times. Twice, though, a judge took one look at her and said, "Defective! Disqualified." I wanted to thump him, too!

Back