What is happening?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
My female bunny is 7-8 months old. She found the latch on the bunny yard gate had not latched and went on an overnight adventure.
She kindled last Thursday morning. I could hear the babies in the box, but did not look because she was sitting right there.

The next morning I let her outside and took a look. No babies or any sign of them. She seemed happy doing "binkies" out side.
Yesterday she began pulling grass and bringing it in to the birthing box again. What is going on.??
The other bunny is a neutered male who stayed in another area last week. they are good friends.
There are no other males in her life because the yard gate latch has been fixed.
Grateful for any help you can give me.
Sandee in Racine

Newborns don't normally make noise unless you touch them or pick them up. Assuming she did kindle, what type of box were they in and how high were the sides?

I heard the newborns bump against a door that can be opened in the "closed in" part of the hutch. I have never opened that door in Clooky's presence.
3 walls are solid and the entrance is 6" high.

Today she continues to pull grass and had carried it to 3 different places.
Not a lot in any of the three places. the grass she deposited in the hutch is on the first floor and open on 3 sides.

thanks for responding.

Clooky is still pulling grass and leaving it in two different places. She brought in mouthful and dropped it on the wire where they eat.
can this be her hormones driving her to do this? Will she stop when the hormones filter down?

please give me some advice.
Sandee

Latest posts

Back