what is Ambrose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambrose

Reaction score
I mean apart from a rabbit what is he?:DI know he's white and a boy and weighs about 1-2 kgs hes about 2 yrs old maybe a little younger and he came from a pet shop!So is he just a moggy type bunny or a breed?

ambrosejan07004.jpg

ambrosejan07003.jpg

A lop? is that coz of his ears laying down like that?I thought there was something wrong with him coz they never stand up, maybe thats why? So is a lop not a breed? just floppy ears?

A lop is any breed of rabbit whose ears don't stand up. There are several breeds with "lopped" ears. The names difference from country to country.

There's nothing wrong with him, he's just a special breed!

--Dawn

Hey ambrose!

There are several types of lop, just to list some:

Mini Lop
Dwarf Lop
English Lop
French Lop
Casmere Lop (Not sure if I spelt that correctly)

And many others. Lops are actually quite common, and there is nothing wrong with their ears, they are just born that way. My bun is a loppy too ... He has the same build as your rabbit, just with different markings. He looks like a mini lop to me too (not to be confused with dwarf lop: they are different). He's probably a mixed bred, if he's from a pet shop. Not many buns from pet shops are purebreds, but he looks most like a Mini.

Rachel.

yup, pam is right. . .mini lop (would be my guess).

his color is a REW or ruby-eyed white, or red-eyed white depending on who you are talking to.

he is very cute though! i have 2 lops, a mini lop like yours (but mine is the opposite. . she is pure black) and an english lop that has ears that are 21 inches from tip to tip!

lops are great. . .

21 inches!:shock:those are some longears!Ambrose is a sweetheart, it took awhile for him to trust me but hedosent run away from me anymore. If i sit in his hutch with him hecomes up to say hello straight away, its really cute!

He looks like a mini lop, but could be a dwarflop depending on his actual weight. Sometimes it can be hard to tellthe difference between the two with all of the bad breeding that goeson in our countries :). Dwarf lops generally have a longer nose thenmini lops and average weight would be about 2.2kg. Mini lop should bearound the 1.3-1.7 range.

In Australia and NZ we call his colouring red eyed white.

yup, english lops have big ears!

100_0593-1.jpg

people are amazed at hermans ears. . .as a baby he would trip over his ears constantly. . .not so much anymore. . .

I've always wondered how E lops move withouttripping! The only ones I have seen in person have been in littlecarriers at the shows.

:shock:OMG!!! They are HUGE! how do they get around with those things on their tiny heads???
Katt your herman is SOOO cute:DI love his colour.

gentle giants wrote:
I've always wondered how E lops move without tripping! Theonly ones I have seen in person have been in little carriers at theshows.
they hop like any other rabbit, herman does have some problems whenwalking up the stairs, his ears seems to always get in the way. as ababy he didn't hop like winnie did, he would keep his front feet low onthe ground, and crawl with his butt in the air. . .it was completelyadorable, i wish i could have got it on video. the english lops earsare done growing by the age of 4 months, even though they don't reachfull size until 8 months to a year, so before the age of 4 months youhave a small rabbit, with full grown ears!!

sorry to take over the thread. . .

Mikoli wrote:
Hey ambrose!

There are several types of lop, just to list some:

Casmere Lop (Not sure if I spelt that correctly)

Rachel.

Cashmere :) They are a wooled lop breed.

Pam

Latest posts

Back