what I hope to be my first tattoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsterz09

Reaction score
I have been considering getting a tattoo for while, but have been nervous about finding a place that is both proffesional and will produce a high quality tattoo.
I was browsing the tattoo johnny website when I found this tattoo http://tattoos.tattoojohnny.com/product/FTF-00013 I totally love it and it really suits me because it has the chinese symbol for the rabbit and is meant to represent the rabbit zodiac year which I was born in.
Now I am heading to Florida for 2 weeks in Jan and noticed that there is a tattoo artist in old town Orlando near to where I am staying and from what I have checked out about them appear to have very good artists who will and can draw just about anything and therefore should be able to do my tattoo justice. I was wondering therefore if anyone on these forums who lives maybe around that area knows anymore info on the studio or of any other ones in that area and also how much it would roughly be for a tattoo, I've heard in America that they charge by the hour not for the actual tattoo, is this true?

kirsterz09 wrote:
thats pretty cool too! I have a whole wishlist of tattoos that I want now lol! I even know where they are all going lol!
lol, thats well planned.

yup theres a pegasus one I want on the top of my right arm, a hummingbird one for my left, a tiger for the top of my back and a giraffe for my calf lol!

lol yup I will, just wished I knew how much it would be, it would be fairly big as I intend for it to go on my waist, so that will prob bump the price up a bit lol

Professional shops will give you a price quote once seeing the image and they will almost always redraw the image you are wanting, to make it original. They also size it to the size they think it would look best at. I'm not sure about the shop you are wanting to go to....but the shop I go to & the artist I use, is always booked out 2+ weeks for appointments.

Just call the shop, email the picture, and see what they have to say. Is there a specific artist you are wanting to use? Look at his/her portfolio or ask which artist is best at doing animals. Shops usually have a mixed artist. For instance....my artist is good at traditional, the other there is good at Japanese, another is good at portraits, etc.

My husband and I have the same artist and always get large pieces of work done. Even with just doing outlines some days, we still give $75+ on a tip because our work is all custom done.

I guess then it's prob gonna go over the $100 dollar mark then, it definatly would be a good idea to email or call them first, thanks alot for the advice. I'm just wondering about the flight home as I'm my hols and I will have a long 8 hour flight home and as it's going to be on my waist and prob having to wear the seatbelt as it can get rather turbulent on the way home that I may get just a little sore lol but it will be worth it lol prob best to get it done sooner then later on the trip?

You will need to wear yoga pants, a skirt, or something that you can pull down a little bit, so it isn't rubbing on your fresh tattoo. Jeans probably aren't a good idea. Just don't wear the seat belt tight. I doubt you will have any problems on the flight :).

yay got plenty of skirts lol! Though will be freezing when arrive back in the UK lol will have to run to the taxi lol! so maybe invest in a pair of yoga pants lol

Evry where I have gone it varies by the artist on the price, for instance i have had artist charge by the hour and some charge by the piece itself, My artist charges by the session (the piece being worked on) because I am getting my whole back done and my whole arm done. it also depends if you getting color or just black and grey,I suggest getting the artist to make it as original as possible you might regret getting wall art later on b/c you might see the same thing on someone else. Also make sure you look at portfolio's and ask "whos best at life like animals?" and "whos good with color?" if thats what you want, in the end you will be happier you did, Good luck and i would love to see pics when its done :)

kirsterz09 wrote:
I have been considering getting a tattoo for while, but have been nervous about finding a place that is both proffesional and will produce a high quality tattoo.
I was browsing the tattoo johnny website when I found this tattoo http://tattoos.tattoojohnny.com/product/FTF-00013 I totally love it and it really suits me because it has the chinese symbol for the rabbit and is meant to represent the rabbit zodiac year which I was born in.
Now I am heading to Florida for 2 weeks in Jan and noticed that there is a tattoo artist in old town Orlando near to where I am staying and from what I have checked out about them appear to have very good artists who will and can draw just about anything and therefore should be able to do my tattoo justice. I was wondering therefore if anyone on these forums who lives maybe around that area knows anymore info on the studio or of any other ones in that area and also how much it would roughly be for a tattoo, I've heard in America that they charge by the hour not for the actual tattoo, is this true?

Theplace that I go to charges by the piece of artwork. I have a small American flag on my foot that was $25.00 back in 2001... and a $5 tip. My friend's hubby got an elaborate tribal band around his arm with clouds that was $325 back in 2001...

Thanks,

Denise

Latest posts

Back