What I have learned so far

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumLumPop

Reaction score
When I first decided to get rabbits I thought that they were animals who were like sheep in the sense that they are dumb and without personality. Also,I believed they lived for about 1-2 years. Here's what I've learned about my individual rabbits:

Clark:
I've learned that Clark's personality is very laid back. He loves to be the center of attention. He likes other animals so I often worry about him being lonesome when I'm away. I've learned that unlike a lot of bunnies,he enjoys to be held in someone's arms and will fall asleep if you hold him long enough. I theorize that he'd do very bad in the wild as he has no sense of danger or caution immediately demanding cuddles from anyone who walks up to him. He is a glutton(my fault)and he's also very spoiled(also my fault). He is a lover not a scholar.

Lewis:
He was a bit difficult. We both started out really disliking each other. Because of him I learned that each rabbit has a personality all their own. He's very finicky and doesn't like other animals. He's completely content with me and a few stuffed bunnies. I've had to learn to love him for who he is and have stopped trying to train him to be a calm and cuddly bunny. He hates being held and hates whenever my attention is in something else other than him. I've learned that while Clark likes to see what everyone is up to,Lewis doesn't like being out in the open where people can see him. He doesn't like cuddling but he loves giving kisses and getting head rubs. I've learned that not only is he smart but he is DEVIOUS and SNEAKY. I have come home to find out he figured out how to open his food jar and was chewing down. Unlike Clark I had to earn his trust very slowly. I've also learned that he isn't social and hates all other animals with a passion. I've tried bonding him but eventually have come to accept that he likes being alone just him and me.

Because of these two(and the help of the wonderful people on Rabbits Online)I've learned so much more about rabbits and some of their different personalities. I'm so glad I have them :) even if now I have to go investigate the sound of something getting knocked over and the obvious sound only a fleeing bunny can make :')

the obvious sound only a fleeing bunny can make :')

Hah! We're far too familiar with that one around here! Nala's SO naughty, and she's taught Gaz to be naughty as well - the bunnies are the naughtiest of all our little naughties (two bunnies, two cats and four sugar gliders).

It always amazes me just how much personality can be crammed into a tiny little bunny body.

Latest posts

Back