What fur type is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokankai

Reaction score
One of my foster rabbit's babies has a different coat type than the mother and the other kits. It's coming in wavy and he has curly whiskers. What type of fur is he gonna have? He's also the only blue tort out of the bunch.

DSCN3377.jpg

DSCN3383.jpg

Looks like it could be an astrix rabbit. Do you know what breed the mom or dad was and maybe have pictures?

Do you have a picture of mom?

Sorry it is spelt Astrex Rabbit. You can google it and come up with tons of results.

I googled Astrex and OH MY GOD! I've had rex rats before that looked like that, but rabbits come like that too? I need to add this to that "top things you didn't know about rabbits" posting.

:hugsquish:

Samara wrote:
I googled Astrex and OH MY GOD! I've had rex rats before that looked like that, but rabbits come like that too? I need to add this to that "top things you didn't know about rabbits" posting.

:hugsquish:

Yeah that's EXACTLY what I thought when I first noticed his bub's fur. I had a rex rat and I was thinking about how his fur looked like my rat's fur. Hmm, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how he turns out! I'll update with pics as he grows :)

hokankai wrote:
He's even curlier today!
DSCN3499.jpg

DSCN3500.jpg
Such a neat looking bunny. Very unique. I've never seen a bunny who's hair curled or waved that way. And love his/her coloring.

K:)

I know....I just might have to! I've already started letting him meet Theodore through the cage and Theo seems very intrigued! We'll see what the next several weeks bring :)

Back