What famous people have you met?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mambo101

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to list famous peoplewe have met. To qualify it has to be actual personal contact and youhad at least a 30 second conversation with this person. I'll start.

Rocky Blier (Former Pittsburgh Steeler)
Stephie Graf
Dick Groat (Former Pittsburgh Pirate)
Matt Capps (Present Pittsburgh Pirate)
Donnie Iris (Rock Star)
Rich Mullins (Christion Music Artist)R.I.P.
Michael Bublé
Pam Nock (Famous Rabbit Judge);)

added in edit:
Mario Lemieux (hockey god)
Jaramir Jagr (hocker player)

James Gandolfini (Tony from Sorpanos). Met on the set of All the Kings Men when it was filming here

Jude Law, met on All The Kings Men set

Kate Winslet, met on All The King Men set

Sean Penn, met on set of All the Kings Men

Shawn William Scott (Stiffler in American Pie). Met on the set of Dukes of Hazzard

Jessica Simpson, met on set of Dukes of Hazzard

Johnny Knoxville, met on set of Dukes of Hazzard

Leah Raimey (Carrie from King of Queens), met in New Orleans airport

The group O-Town (from "Making the Band")

And our Mayor Kip Holden (does he count? LOL). He came in to meet myboss, who is our counselmen. Our conversation was basically "His dooris to the left. No, the left. NO, the OTHER left. Right. Behind you.No, behind you to the other left. SIR, through the sliding door! Thereyou go..."

LOL

Gladys Knight

I was working nights at a small hotelshe stayedatwhen she came to town. She came to the desk about 5:00 AM onemorning and asked if I could make her some coffee.

It was too cool. I was a nervous wreck.

She was in her robe and slippers, no makeup, and hair all amess. She's one cool woman.

Don Ho

Ok you youngsters probably have never heard of him, he's from Hawaii,it was over 20 years ago. He's famous for singing TinyBubbles.

Susan:apollo:

Well, I met Shania Twain when she came into mypartners work to buy some knobs or handles for something, she wasstunning! Really youthful. She owns some land here in New Zealand. Shehad a boring car though.

And once I dated a cousin of Dwayne Johnson ('The Rock', that wrestlingguy) for a while, and I got to meet him briefly in Samoa when thecousin took me away to meet his family and Dwayne was visiting also.

I have met the Lizard Man at a tattoo conventien. You have probably seen him on tv...Ripley's. That's it, I guess:).

- Amy

I haven't 'met' any famous people except some Olympic winners in the early 90's at an event through a cancer support group.

I've got some 2nd cousin's that are/were in the TV business that I've never met.

My cousin is dating Matt Light's second cousin. For those not savywithsports, Matt Light is on theoffensive line forthe NewEngland Patriots.

Other then that, I led a simple life with meetingno famouspeople. Tony Stewart does own a speedway track at the northern part ofmy county.

Also, we are thehome of Miss. Annie Oakley!

Matthew Perry, From Friends [He was a butt though, very unfriendly.]

Cuba Gooding Jr., Ozzy, Johnathan Taylor Thomas, Mark Hoppus from Blink 182, Will Smith & Dakota Fanning.

I had a stage fighting workshop in theatre thatwas run by Fred Keating. He was the doctor in Walking Tall and hasplayed small parts in lots of different movies/shows.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444104/

Probably none of you have heard of him so here's a website.:DHeisn't too famous, but he's theclosestto afamous person I've met.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Don Ho

Ok you youngsters probably have never heard of him, he's from Hawaii,it was over 20 years ago. He's famous for singing TinyBubbles.

OMG, yes. I have a Don Ho obsession. I actuallyknow him rather well. He was a client of my dad's.Now he's really more of a family friend. It's funny that youshould mention him. We see him whenever we go over toHawaii.

I've also met his daughter, Hoku. We actually went to her wedding as well.

Where did you meet him? The Don Ho show?

SOOOSKA wrote:
I sawone of his shows inHawaii, when I was muchyounger. :babyhaha:

Nancy Greene after she won herOlympic Gold Medal (Skiing).
Eddie Albert when he did the TV show Green Acres.
Adam West, Batman.
Olivia NewtonJohn, I still like her music.

Pierre Trudeau, Fifteenth Prime Minister of Canada.
Joe Clark, Sixteenth Prime Minister of Canada from my home riding.

Wayne Gretzky, hockey player, in an elevator.
Don Getty, Past Premier of Alberta, lived down the street from us.
Lois Hole, PastLieutenant Governor,(Queen's representative inAlberta),whileather Gardening Shop.

54199.jpg

Past Premier of Alberta, RalphKlein, withhis wife,and twoMLAs. Invited to takepictures at his Farewell Dinner.

54185.jpg

Premier of Alberta, Ed Stelmach. Took this picture while chatting with him 2 weeks ago.

Rainbows! :cool:

Yes I actually got up on stage a made a complete fool of myself too.

Nowthat I think of it I also met the actor that played GomerPyle (I forget his name)and the actor who was in Hawaii 5-0.I went to Hawaii twice many many years ago.

Hoku had like....one hit.

missyscove wrote:
SOOOSKA wrote:

OMG, yes. I have a Don Ho obsession. I actuallyknow him rather well. He was a client of my dad's.Now he's really more of a family friend. It's funny that youshould mention him. We see him whenever we go over toHawaii.

I've also met his daughter, Hoku. We actually went to her wedding as well.

Where did you meet him? The Don Ho show?

I've met:
Dominic Monaghan (lord of the rings, lost)
Maggie Grace- (shannon in lost)
Elijah Wood (lord of the rings, loads of other films)
Sean Astin- (lord of the rings, goonies, etc)
Andy Serkis- (Voiced Gollum in lotr, other films.)
Corin Nemec- (stargate sg1)

And they were all lovely, but Corin Nemec seemed the most down to earth.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Hoku had like....one hit.

Yeah, pretty much.

Most people think Don Ho has only one hit too, in fact he has lots ofsongs that are less known, but better. My personal favoriteis Happy Me. My brother's is Simple Folk.

Hmm, I've also met our congressman, Brad Sherman.

And, "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and his wife. We also went tothe premire of the show at the Hard Rock in Honolulu.

Latest posts

Back