what family are those rabbits from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YemeniRabbit

Reaction score
these rabbits are the local rabbits here, I don't know what are there breed,
from the articles I saw they seem like a mini rex, but I am not sure
here is a picture of 3 :
the big brown one is male, the other 2 are females.
a65e.jpg

Then what type are they? They are pure breed, not a mix.
It's the main rabbit here.

It's the main rabbit here.

So where is "here"? The breeds of domestic rabbits are different in different countries. Some of the more common rabbits here in the US might be rare in the UK, and there are breeds in the UK we don't have over here. It would help if you would put your location in your profile, so it will appear when you post questions like this.

Do you mean that those are wild rabbits in your area, or do you mean that these are the ones which most people own?

All I can tell from your photograph is that they are all in what is called a "broken" color - that is, a mixture of white and brown or white and black. We'll need more information than that to identify a breed.

Start with, how much do they weigh?

What kind of fur do they have? As I said, it doesn't look like Rex fur, which stands up and feels just like velvet, but it's hard to tell from a photo like this. If the fur lies flat, like most rabbit fur, what happens if you stroke the fur "backwards" (from the tail toward the head) - does it quickly lie flat again, or does it stick up?

Latest posts

Back