What does your bunny do to get your attention?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was just curious if your bunns had special ways of getting your attention. When Fraggles decided she NEEDS to be petted she runs over and frantically grooms our feet. Its enough to make you crazy until you finally reach down and pet her. Then as soon as your hand comes down she goes into "petting position".....You know the one :) As soon as you stop petting she almost immediatly begins her foot grooming. It tickles :)

Gus will come over to me, nudge me, stand on his hind legs, give me his "cute bunny" look, etc. If I don't pay attention right away, he'll start biting my pants, digging at my socks, etc. If I STILL don't pay attention, then he'll start looking for something to get into or chew on so I HAVE to pay attention to him! :p

Rue

Awww! Neither Nibbles nor Junie grooms us. If we're outside their cages, they'll start chewing or tugging on the bars. Junie pushes her nose through bars and tries to look as pathetic as possible, haha! If I'm in Nibbles' cage (it's a big NIC cage), he'll nudge me once or twice and then he'll start nipping if I don't start petting or getting out of the way!

Depends on where Harvey is and why he's trying to get my attention. If he wants out in the morning and I am not being fast enough, he rings his bell, throws his bowl and litter box around and generally makes a lot of noise. If I'm in the kitchen and he thinks he can get a treat he'll stand on his hind legs as far as he can go and put his front paws on me. He'll also dig and bite my pant legs.

Now sometimes if I am on the floor, Harvey will get right in my face. If I am on the sofa he will jump on me and pretty much sit on my face haha.

Oh and of course grooming. But he gets more focused on him grooming me. If I try to pet him he some times pushes my hand away so he can finish grooming me.

Usually when Peter wants my attention, I'm on my bed on the laptop typing away on forums (such as these lol) and he will dart over to me (think binky 500 fassst) and then just casually stand on my arm or jump infront of the screen... such a clever bun!

They do all of these things! Binkies, bunny 500s, everything!

My favourite is when I fall asleep on the futon, (which right in front of their room) they come and check on me by sniffing/licking my nose/face. Sometimes they'll nap by my head or on the side. Other times, they decide it's a good time to jumping jacks on my tummy/chest/legs.

He doesn't. He ignores me. :p

lol if he wants his dinner, he circles my feet, and if he wants a pat, he'll come over and shove his head down by my hand; but usually, he's rather standoff-ish. I miss cuddly buns. :( He's not really much of a binkyer; he really only does it when I'm bringing his food.

Love this thread! It's great!

My boys give me the head nudge. And sometimes quite vigoursly. They do all the other stuff too. But the nudge, that's the sign of "Pet me NOW!

They get their point across. And after I pet them, I get the slight nip of my clothes. At first I didn't know what it was. I thought they were just chewing on my clothes. But closer observation, revealed that all this is, is a type of their grooming. I pet, which they all take as grooming, they do give back. Truly grateful for that. Once in a while I'll be treated to a bunny kiss (lick).

K :)

Cookie circles my feet if I'm standing... He will go so fast that I literally can't move of I'll step in him LOL and if we are sitting he will climb up into our laps and push whatever I'm doing out of my lap... Like my knitting, iPad, books, the tv remote etc... Then he will settle down in on lap and wait for his scotches LOL if I ignore him, he will begin a rapid succession of scratching, nibbling, licking and head butting... Until he gets his scratches... Lol and heaven forbid we try to move while he is there... He gets very upset hahaha lol

Cheeto will grunt at me and chase my hand if I'm doing something else other than playing with him. He's an aggressive little brat sometimes! He has been known to nip, not painfully (it doesn't even leave a scratch mark) and he head butts too.

Also, the only time he chews wire is if I'm in the room and not paying attention to him. I can leave wires everywhere if I wanted to (not that I do, but I have accidently:shock: and he never touched them) and he won't go near them until I start ignoring him!!

He does binkies and looks back to see if I'm watching.

Cheeto also pulls the "I will kill myself if you don't pay attention to me" move. One time I was lying in bed, watching tv, and I see Cheeto observing his carrier from a distance. I put it on my hamper, which was about a foot and a half away from the bed, because it was brand new and he wanted to destroy it :rollseyes. He got on the bed, and suddenly, I look over and he was flying across the room, superman style, all four paws sticking straight out and flailing, trying to reach that carrier. He didn't make it, but I was on the ground laughing so hard. He then proceeded to pout until I put the carrier on the floor. Where's a video camera when you need one?

Lord Furgus will either sit on his house when he's in his Xpen or he will pull at the bars with his teeth. He doesn't really have to do much to get our attention, since we think everything he does is cute.

If Olivia is in her cage and wants attention she will run up and down the front of the cage every time I walk by. When she is out of the cage, she will dig at my legs or she will sit up on her hind legs (much like a dog begging) haha

my bun licks me untill i pet him and every morning at 730 he will start jumping up on my bed on me and lick me. it doesnt matter how many times i get him off the bed he will keep going till i am up. i can never sleep in.

Back