What does a bunny kiss feel like?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I didn't know there were regional cottontail behaviorial differences!

Kirby has not kissed me again since. I'm still working on wooing him again :biggrin: I sometimes wonder if Toby has kissed me and I didn't know. He sniffs very closely all over me from time to time. If he licks my clothes, does it count as a kiss? lol - now I just getting into technicalities!

Hazel-Mom wrote:
Yes, I've heard that before.. Western Cottontails seem to be more friendly.
Of course it does help that we've had Hazel since she was 3 weeks old. She trusts us completely, and even behaves very well at the vet's.

We also raised Sebastian since he was about 1-2 weeks old. (orphaned) He only trust hubby and myself. Think the day I r/c a bunny kiss from Sebastian, I'll pass out from shock!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread Helen. I consider any bunny kiss re: of where as a sign of :bunnyheart. Baci has never given us any kisses on the face, however he loves kissing my slippers and hubby's feet after he nips him.

I love bunny kisses! Sammy will sometimes get really into it and it feels more like he is grooming my face. :)
Daisy Marie gave my husband a bunch of kisses last night- I am still waiting for my turn with her! :):hearts

Helen, do either of your buns like it if you scratch their bums, right above their tails? In most rabbits this results in a lick reflex. Then if you position your nose in the right spot, you may get a kiss. It's kind of cheating, but I'm ok with that!

I also bribe kisses out of my bun by holding a treat in front of his nose to get his attention, then sticking my nose in his face. Of course he gets the treat after he's given kisses ;-)

elrohwen wrote:
Helen, do either of your buns like it if you scratch their bums, right above their tails? In most rabbits this results in a lick reflex. Then if you position your nose in the right spot, you may get a kiss. It's kind of cheating, but I'm ok with that!

I also bribe kisses out of my bun by holding a treat in front of his nose to get his attention, then sticking my nose in his face. Of course he gets the treat after he's given kisses ;-)

The cheat method cracked me up, but it's just crazy enough to try :)

I've tried to bribe-n-trick with treats to no avail. Also, have smeared pumpkin on my cheek (yeah, I have no shame!) and they didn't go for it. Can't make them love me!

My bun is good with the treat-n-kiss method, but now he's cheating - he'll just put his mouth up to my nose, but he won't actually kiss me. Lol. He's so sneaky! I have to try a few times before his tongue actually comes out and he kisses.

The cheater method sometimes works, though my bun will kiss anything (himself, the floor, the coffee table) before he'll lick me. He's a jerk sometimes :p

What makes me the most mad is that he'll kiss my husband any day, any time, no treats. Grrr. I wonder if my moisturizer and makeup smells bad to him - maybe if I rub DH's shaving cream and moisturizer on my face I'll get some bunny kisses that I don't have to bribe out of him.

The things we'll do to get a bunny kiss!!

Latest posts

Back