what do you use to clean water bottle/bowl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buns have a few water bowls. When I think they are dirty, I just throw them in the dishwasher with the rest of the dishes. For the water bottles, I clean then once a week with a special brush I bought and put new water in the bottle.

i bought 2 baby bottle cleaners. would that work for the bottle?

i always thought putting bowls in the dishwasher was unhealthy cause chemicals.

I use baby bottle cleaners for water bottles. You can order them through some rabbit supply stores. For dishes I either put them in the dishwasher or handwash them with hotwater.

Actually need to do the barn dishes within the next couple days! Have 3 new buns, and 2 litters on the way, so I'll be using a lot of dishes the next couple months! :D

Emily

That's alot of buns! my 4.5 year old has had the same bowl for a few years so i bought her a new one yesterday just to be safe. i'll put it in the dishwasher. i also still give her a bottle incase. our new addition is using a water bottle we already had but i bought both of them new bottles yesterday too so ive gotta clean those as well.

for first time cleaning of bottles should i use any soap?

I usually clean with usual dish soap, but every couple months will soak the dishes in a weak bleach dilution. As long as you rinse them well, it's fine. People use soap and bleach to clean baby toys and our own dishes too. :)

Latest posts

Back