What do you find hardest about owning rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NZminilops wrote:
THE MESS!

I'm not a super-duper tidy person, but the amount of pee and poo from Ceara is enough to make me cry sometimes.
I'm sorry but that made me chuckle! I am right along with ya there! Cept Wrangler for the most part, uses his box...though this morning I found pee spots (though it looks more like "jizz")everywhere on my comforter and sheets! I want to cry/scream/wring his little neck! (not that I would of course)! I love him so much and I am trying to deal with this as of right now...but I can't have him making messes like this! And I am hoping he isn't peeing on the carpet too!

giving them equal attention :(Crystal gets way more attention and it shows with Misty because hes distant with me but wheni do give Misty attention Crystal always gets jealous anyways and when i give Misty a treat Crystal greedily snatche dit out of his mouth :shock:

i also found it hard to motivate myself to clean their huge hutch in the winter months :pit still got done but it was the hardest part of the day!

Hardest is how to feed them if I'm going away on a trip or something. Cuz mum is afraid of animals and dad.. can't trust him to feed them on time.

The most annoying thing is that Daddy just wouldn't poop in his potty. He always leaves about 20+ of his poop lying around and he kicks it everywhere. It's all over my rm! Irrtating.

I use stainless steel sieve for their potty. Everytime I wash it, the stainless steel is cold and they loveeeee sitting on it. LOL. After seeing them like that, everything bad just doesn't matter anymore.. :D

My major complaint is the wee problems. Toby seems to think that he has to pee everywhere. It's not A LOT of pee, but just little markings. It's still annoying.

I don't have much of a problem with the hay, because I store it in trash bags. I have a locking plastic bin that I put a mix of hay in when I need to fill the hay manger. I take the plastic bin, stick it into the garbage bag, then fill it with whatever mix I need. I close the top to transport it, then open the box and put more hay in the hay manger. I have a box from Aldi that is outside of the cage and catches any extra hay that falls through the cage. The rest of it falls into their litter box. I have this all figured out! :D

kherrmann3 wrote:
My major complaint is the wee problems. Toby seems to think that he has to pee everywhere. It's not A LOT of pee, but just little markings. It's still annoying.

I don't have much of a problem with the hay, because I store it in trash bags. I have a locking plastic bin that I put a mix of hay in when I need to fill the hay manger. I take the plastic bin, stick it into the garbage bag, then fill it with whatever mix I need. I close the top to transport it, then open the box and put more hay in the hay manger. I have a box from Aldi that is outside of the cage and catches any extra hay that falls through the cage. The rest of it falls into their litter box. I have this all figured out! :D
Wow. i wish I was that organized. I stll carry handfuls of hay through the room loosing half of it in the process:(

Sabine wrote:
Wow. i wish I was that organized. I stll carry handfuls of hay through the room loosing half of it in the process:(
*sniggers* *pats*

Latest posts

Back