what do you feed your rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebunnbunne

Reaction score
Shugar gets 1/8th of a cup of pelets right wheni get home from school and veggies in the morning and hay and sometimesgrass and clovers.

Ours buns have a constant supply of hay, and they have half a bowl of deluxe mix.

Our dwarfs rarely get any fresh food because it seemed to give them alldiarrhoea, no matter how small it was. But they occassionally get a bitof carrot, or apple. And they get treats too.

Our dwarf lops get a huge bowl of delux dry mix, and then on top ofthat a couple of pears/apple/carrot/corn on the cob/brocoli/dandelionleavesor a mix of two or three. They have to haveprobiotic stuff because it gives one of the big diarrhoea if they havetoo much fresh.

I give all three of my girls (and my boys willhave the same) a bowl of Kaytee Timothy Complete (which is about 1/2cup) daily (the boys will have unlimited until they're a year old), aswell as unlimited Timothy hay from the half a bale we have left (Idiscovered that our bales here are about 120lbs :shock:).They also get fresh carrot tops, dandelion leaves, and romaine or redleaf lettuce at least three times a week. (I like to do theirveggies about every other day.)

I used to give them little treats every now and then (raisins forMaisie, Craisins for Flower, and banana slice for Trixie), but stoppeddoing it because they started to get really demanding and spoiled fromit. So, now we stick to pellet food and hay andveggies. :)

Hugs!

Rosie & the Herd :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Shaker gets 1/3 of a cup of Oxbow pellets a day,along with some hay (Oxbow also). A couple of times a week Ialso give him a couple of pieces of papyaand banana.

JadeIcing wrote:
I don't think I could ever take away their treats. I likemaking them happy. Well seeing how excited they get when I give it tothem.
There are other ways to make a rabbit happy other than treats. Givingher a fuss, new toys, something stimulating, space to run, all sorts ofthings that make bunnies happy. I never give mine treats, but they areclearly very happy rabbits :)

Just so you know that withholding treats won't make them unhappy :)(but then I'm sure you know that anyway :)

I fill Mason's bowl up 3/4 of the way withpellets. Then I give him a small handful of cereal (Life, Cheerios, orsomething else relatively healthy) and put some fresh veggies (carrots,lettuce, cabbage, etc) in his veggie ball. I occasionally feed him halfof an apple (just did that), raisins, and other treats. He absolutelyhates hay. If I put some in his cage, it just sits there and gets peedand pooped on.

Rodney and Del Boy get a dish of pellets at 9am,

Hay at 11am

Hay at 2.30pm

Vege at 5pm

Hay at 7pm

Hay at 10pm

Treats once a week

My girls get a small amount of science selectivepellets each every day, then a bowl of veggies each split into amorning and evening meal (this consists of spring greens, spinach,rocket, curly kale, broccoli, carrot tops, watercress, dandelionsandparsley aswell as other herbs). They then have acouple of handfuls each of dried grass, unlimited meadow hay and asmuch grass as they want while out in their run.

BunBuns' diet

Monday- Friday Morning - handfull of hay , bowl of fresh pellets and fresh water
Friday- If the wheater is nice she goes outside and eats grass and at bed time a apple , bannana or strawberry

saturday-sunday- all of the above.

Bunnys_rule and BunBuns-Wow, I feed mine way more pellets-if I don't, they are not happy:shock:.

In the morning handful and one half of pellets, hay, water.

Late afternoon, when I get home from work-pellets, not as many as morning.

Late evening-sometimes veggies, more pellets and hay for the night.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Dana, you could try a different type of hay, like OrchardGrass maybe. Some buns are picky. Luckily, minearen't:).
Where could I get that from? :) My chinchillas aren't picky at all whenit comes to hay. With Mason, he's not picky withany otherkind of food.

EDIT: I just checked and it appears that Petsmart has it, but Petcodoesn't. Of course, that's because Petco is close to my house :p

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Bunnys_rule and BunBuns-Wow, I feed mine way more pellets-ifI don't, they are not happy:shock:.

My girls turn into two little fatties if I feed them more pellets (Ilearned that the hard way;)), so I cutthem down to theminimum amount.:)Plus I prefer to feed more greens andveggies as thats what they are used to,Ruby andMillieabsolutely love their salads, they both dig throughthem every morning and night looking for their favouritebits!:DGreedy girls!:disgust::wink

Oh, ok, now I actually remember that they were overweight and your vet told you to get them to lose weight-Bunnys_rule:D.

Dana-Yes Petsmart or any petstore, you could even try a feed store like Tractor Supply:).

I'm pretty strict about pellets for my rabbitstoo, they also tend to get fat easily. I had to switch pellets tosomething lower in protien. My Flemish get a cup of pellets a day, intwo feedings, and the Mini Rex get about a fourth of a cup a day, plusthey all get a bundle of grass hay. They get occasional Froot Loops fortreats, also sometimes greens and carrots, once a week or so.

Latest posts

Back