What do you call this colour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
This is my new bunny Raylan. I wonder what her colour is called. My guess is sable as it looks very similar to Asha's colour (who's a sable marten) the only difference is that the ends seem lighter, probably bleached out from the sun in summer
MG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/samannster/P4300032.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry this is the wrong link. Picture in the next post

Oops. I'll try again
P4300032.jpg

Hope this works

I thought lionhead but since she is a rescue I can't be sure if Angora is mixed in. My other lionheads (Benny and Lint) are not half as shaggy. So if anyone could confirm she is a lionhead.... (PS al lot of her facial hair just got cut in the picture as her previous owner had allowed it to go into rock hard dread locks)

Well, I would have called her a Jersey Wooly, myself. But if she had more hair around her face than that, mabye a Jersey/lionhead cross? I'm no expert on lionheads, but I have never seen one with that much hair before. You should aks Tiny' Mom, she is our lionhead expert. :D

pamnock wrote:
I'm guessing a Teddy Lion, and I agree that she looks Sable.

Pam
A Teddy Lion???? Never heard of that before. Are they a particularily shaggy lionhead breed?

A shame she is a rescue and over a year old alreadyy. Herself and Benny would have made lovely babies. Benny being a sable charly.... But it's not going to happen (sigh)

She looks like a bad jersey wooly that still has a jr coat, but she is probably just a teddy lionhead, here are some pictures of sable vs seal vs black.

starshine.jpg
Example of a sable

(Same rabbit without flash jr coat)

tegan.jpg
example of a seal

n509668416_1778033_3799.jpg

(Seal without flash (black one) same rabbit in jr coat)

valhalla.jpg
example of a black

n509668416_1778467_9169.jpg
(Black, same rabbit without flash as jr)

Looking at the pictures I think definately sable. I think the reason she resembles a jersey wooly is probably because we had to cut some of her facial hair and I have never heard of anyone breeding this breed in Irland.
Thanks for the pictures for comparison

I would say she is a Jersey Wooly and her color is a Siamese Sable. If she was a seal she would have a more even colored face, the SS's almost look like the have the points on the ears and muzzle area. Your bunny has those. JMO Thanks! Hope this helps.

BriarWoods

*waves* Hi Devon!

Even with her being totally wooly I have to say Lionhead because Jerseys do not have the mane. Even with all the wool you can distinctly see a mane going on ;)

I'm intrigued. I'd be thrilled to own a jersey wooly as I have never seen them before. Unfortunately I'm not able to trace the breeder to check and don't want to get back in touch with her former owner. I should probably try and get some daylight pictures tomorrow from different angles

Latest posts

Back