What do i say?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
My niece found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago, and this afternoon i found out she had a miscarriage. Now my sister in law called me and asked me to call her later tonight and talk to her cause i have been through it, but i dont know what to say,lol. I have been there and done that but i am at a totally different place now about it, i have had four kids since, and i know when i was going through it i got so sick of people saying i am so sorry, to me,lol.

Although i have been through miscarriages i dont know the "right" thing to say......

me at a loss for words......... ha that is a first i have to say.

i dont want to tell her it was for the best and things happen for a reason, or that it will get easier, even though i know that now because when something like that happens you are angry and sad and you dont want to hear that.

i dont know

I just wouldn't call her but send her an email or note saying that you are available if she wants to talk. Leave it up to her and if she calls you can just listen

i would call her let her know that you are there to talk anytime and say what you said in your post, i think thats perfect because you're being truthfully and you are not saying the samething as everyone else. Good luck & i wish her the best

I know how awkward it can be to talk to someone about this. One of my friends had just finished telling everyone she was expecting and then we found out she had miscarried.

In my case I called up my friend and told her I was sorry to hear what happened and that I was there if she wanted to talk. So you could say something similar except tell her you've been through it too, so if you want to talk your there for her.

My friend didn't want to talk about it but she did want a friend around to help distract her and get her mind off it.

Well i talked to her last night and just talked and listened. Reassured her that everything that she was feeling was normal and that i went through the same thing, and told her what to expect to coming up. and told her that i was here to listen or talk to and told her that everything that she was feeling was normal

Back