What did i do....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12animaluv34

Reaction score
Ok so friday i went to the sale,

and i was walking around looking at stuff and their was this guy staning by his van with the back open and their were cages of bunnies in the back of his van.

So i asked him if these where his rabbits and he said yes their are 15 then he asked if i wanted them.And i said no i cant take home 15 rabbits.So then i started looking at them and they where painting and they were covered in poop and had no food or water and it was like 90 out. Their toe nails were grown in their feet some of them were matted.And i looked in this box he had in the van and their was a orange minni rex laying in their with magets all over his back end!!!!!!!!!!!! And they all looked soooooooo bad :( So i told him how much for all 15 and he said 130.00.

So i said i would take them all. He put them all in boxes and loaded them in my car.So i got home and counted 25!!!! All the way home we was thinking what did we do??So i have a 3-car garage with nothing in it so i got out all my old cages and got them all set up. All the boys are in their own cage and i paired up 2 girls to each cage. So Sat. morning we went and bought 5 25 pound bags of rabbit food dishes and water bottels.And i cut their toe nails and washed them all of and cut the mats out. And i have 2 x-pens with tops on them and set them up in my garage and i swith them every couple hours so they all get out to run and play. I cleaned up the orange minni rex and set him down and he can only use his back legs very little he just pulls them behind him like nothings wrong (hes in the house)!! And their was also a black lop doe(in the house also)that her back leg was broke. So her and the minni rex went to the vet.The rex she said had been like that since he was little problebly born like that. And the Black lop got x-rays and her back leg is broke and its where their leg bends like kind of like its heel. And she cant splent it because splents dont bend that way So she will have to have her leg pend together. And it will cost alot.So my vet is going to talk to the guy that does that stuff and see whats best.The other choice is to keep her quiet and the bone will grow back but she will never be able to feel it and the surgery isnt a good chance that it will work because it was broke more like a couple weeks ago. I have 34 rabbits here right know!=O

I have 9 plus the 25!!

And NONE of them are tame. So i will work with them for a while and the ones that can be adopted will be fixed and adopted out :)

Sorry this is so long!!

I will take pics of the crew and post them!!

Rachel

OMG! You are beyond an Angel:bunnyangel:! Bless you for doing this and taking these sweeties in:hug:. What a catastrophe, poor babies! I would love to see pics! 25 though?:shock: I can't wait to hear all about them all!

Wow.
That's all I can say after re-reading the story a couple of times.
First of all, you are an absolute bunny ANGEL for doing this.
Second of all, WOW! Are you planning to try to rehome them yourselves, or have you contacted any shelters/rescues to see if any could be fostered?
That's so many bunnies to have under your care.
You are an amazing, wonderful person :)
keep me updated!

PM me about the one with the broken leg- recently went thru this..I didn't want to post here as I don't advocate self treatment..

Where are you in relation to Evansville, Indiana? We have a house there and will be visiting shortly, I would be interested in taking a few off your hands..

I know the Ohio River is across the street.. and Ohio is on the other side.. but other than that I am clueless!

Z

So, what are you going to call your rescue? :sunshine:

YOu are just wonderful for doing this. I wish I could help. Are they sure the dragging the legs isn't e-conuculi? I think that's the one that does that..... might check with some of the infirmary gurus.

WOW!! 25 buns!!

its amazing what you did, you have changed the lives of 25 bunnies forever (in a very very good way :D). bless you!!

OMG OMG OMG :faint:!!!

First off, you are a bunny angel. I can't imagine taking in 25 rabbits - all who have many issues due to the conditions (atrocious) that they were kept in. You've certainly made a tremendous difference in all of their lives. In fact, you've probably just saved 25 lives. Just wow.

I can't wait to see pictures of them all along with hearing stories about how they're doing and everything.

Good luck and thanks to you and your family for being so fab!

Wow!

I'll echo others in an attempt to help. I'm in Missouri and I'd be interested in the one that drags his back legs. Not the broken legged one Cali is interested in... I had two splay legged boys myself and know I could help this little one out (or more if needed).

Let me just echo what everyone else said in that you are doing such a wonderful thing for these rabbits! It's too bad you couldn't have found out that man's name and address. Taking photos of the rabbits and reporting him to the authorities might prevent him from picking up another vanload of rabbits for the next day at the fair. :(

Rachel, God bless you for taking these bunnies in. I think you are too far away from me for me to take any of the rabbits, but in a couple of days when I get paid I want to send you a little $$ to help out. Do you have Paypal account? Just pm me with it if so.

Wow, like everyone else has said you really are an Angel:bunnyangel2:.

Honestly I really do hate the human race some times. How can people be so cruel to little helpless animals?

Then on the other hand you get people like Rachel and many others on this forum that do so much and ask for absolutely nothing in return.

God Bless All of You:bunnyangel2:

Susan:)

What a star seriously well done, you are loved by me and my rabbits very dearly - that man didn't deserve to get that money he obviously hadn't been looking after them - but they are clean and safe now in your hands! Thank goodness you spotted them. Once again WELL DONE!

Latest posts

Back