What colour is Sakura?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I always thought Sakura was what we call a blue fox in New Zealand (maybe blue marten elsewhere?), but someone said to me the other day that she seems to have some masking on her face which means she isn't that colour after all, and her eyes aren't blue either. They were more blue when she was younger but are now a murky grey-brown.

She's bright white and grey-blue, no tan flecking so she's not an otter. Her blue fur remains the same colour down to the skin, the only place where it's different is on her face when it's a tad darker around the eyes and nose, and the fur there sticks up a bit rather than laying down flat. It only grew in like that recently.

Here are some recent pictures, thes are clickable thumbnails. Sorry for the poor lighting :).

And some pictures when she was younger:

She's still the same colour as the younger pictures, just got some dark bits around her face now.

Any help is much appreciated :biggrin2:

She's really very beautiful.

I just wanted to tell you that, and also that I have nothing useful to say :biggrin2:

I never considered lilac! I don't think she's light or pink toned enough is she? I'll have to go and take some fresh pictures today :D.

And thanks, she says she loves herself very much and is glad others do too :p.

The bottom photos do look more like lilac that the top photos which look more blue. As Naturestee stated, the color is called Lilac Silver Marten in the US. (Lilac Fox in the UK)

The Lilacs do have more of a brown-blue eye, where the blues have a blue-gray eye.

Pam

Her eyes are more of a murky brown than anything, sort of greyish brown.

She seems to be halfway bewteen both colours, blue and lilac, it's quite hard to tell. The lilacs on the internet seem to be almost pink and she's very grey, not hint of pink, but she's not dark like other blues. I'll grab some pics of her when the batteries are charged.

I used the sun coming in the window to take these, they were the most accurate out of the bunch.

And this is her fur (rubbed the wrong way a bit, its usually pretty smooth) with the flash and a really blury one of her eye. She looks purple in these but is more of a light slate grey in real life.

And finally a picture the breeder sent me when I managed to track her down, of Sakura, her mother and two litter mates. This looks really purple!

Sakura is one of the prettiest bunnies I've ever seen (can't see the prettiest or my lot would kill me) and I'm going to steal her Michelle! Mwahahahahahaha!

Thanks, you clever person, you! :biggrin2:

I just have one final lot of pictures, taken outside the other day - I'm still so unsure!

P.S She is 13 weeks old.
P.P.S If that was you up there BJ, you can't have my baby! :grumpy: She really liked you though, she was posing so much when you came to visit :biggrin2:.

Back