What Colour is Dumpling?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
I call him a blue agouti, if there is such a colour. He is just finished a molt in this pic and is more blue. The little bit of tan you see in the pic is only there during a molt.

gallery_732_157_29257.jpg

Is there any ring color in the coat? (Squirrel?) Can you put up a photo of the belly?

The coat actually reminds me of a blue silver fox.

Pam

Sorry it took so long to get back here, things have been busy around here the last few days.

He does have some rings in his coat when you blow into it. Here is a pic of his big fat belly. I knew he was a big boy but didn't realize just how fat he is. Off to weight watchers and the gym he goes.

gallery_732_157_12157.jpg

Does he have brown eyes! Is the color around his nose/ears actually black?

He may be a Champagne d'Argent or a d'Argent mix. (But that coat sure looks Silver Foxish)

The Champagne's should also have a black"butterfly" over the nose area. Does your rabbit have that? (Hard to tell from the photo).

ChampColdDuckJP.jpg

Pam

his eyes are brown and he is a very dark gray around his nose and ears but no butterfly. I know what he is just not what to call his colour.He does have Champagne d'Argent in him. Here is his history taken from an e-mail.

"His mother was Taffy and his father was Calvin. Calvin was a purebred Californian. Taffy was a Champagne/New Zealand cross - the doe was NZ and the buck was Rusty, aChampagne."

You'd also call the color "Champagne D'Argent". Although no longer listed in the US Standard of Perfection as a variety (because we only have one breed in that color), it was listed as a variety in earlier Standards and is also known by that variety name in other countries.

Pam

Latest posts

Back