What Colour do you think our babies are?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierlakay

Reaction score
Iv put a color name to my babies but im not 100% sure if Iv got them right...

_IGP4251.jpg

Fawn?
_IGP4252.jpg

Black/fawn/white tri-colour
_IGP4255.jpg

Sooty Fawn
_IGP4256.jpg

Dark sooty Fawn
_IGP4257.jpg

Broken Fawn
_IGP4253.jpg

Seal Point??

And the parents

_IGP3404.jpg

Broken Fawn? Broken Agouti??
Dakota.jpg

Frost Point???

#1. Definitely looks like a fawn to me
#2. Not sure...?
#3 & #4. look like tort's to me.
#5. Looks like a broken fawn. ;)
#6. Looks like Seal Point, maybe Sable point? I get those mixed up. ;)

The mom almost looks like a Broken Tort, but it's a little hard to tell from that picture...and Dad looks like Frost Point, but once again, I'm not good with identify the "point" colours. ;) lol.

Cute babies and parents, nonetheless!!! :)

Emily

Thanks Emily...
I haven't looked up a tort before, is there a something tort?, or just a tort???...

Here is another picture of the Dad hopefully this one is better...

Tubby.jpg

Yes, there is such a thing as black tort, blue tort...and others I just can't remember which. ;)

They just like like plain tort's though. ;)

Also, figuredI should mention, when I named off the colours, I went in order of the pictures...didn't notice you had numbers on them. ;) Just thought I'd clear that up though, in case you thought I went by the numbers on the pictures. ;)

And oops...didn't mean to get the parents switched up! :p Dad looks like the Broken Tort...Mom looks like a Frost Point. ;)

Emily

haha yes I did noticed you went in order with the pictures, thanks.... I didn't notice that I actually put the ones up with numbers on them!!!!....

Thank you for your help I was almost right with them.... Will go and change all their info....

Thanks again...

#1- Orange or Fawn
#2- Broken black tortoise (sooty fawn)
#3 & #4- Solid black tortoise (sooty fawn)
#5- Broken Orange or Fawn
#6- Probably Ermine

Up ears- Broken black tortoise (sooty fawn)
Lop- Frosty

Black tortoise and sooty fawn are the same thing. I believe the term "sooty fawn" is used in the UK, while "tortoise" is used here.

Also, I'm guessing fawn between the orange/fawn choices. But it depends on the rufus.:)

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Yes, there is such a thing as black tort, blue tort...and others I just can't remember which. ;)

LOL! Well, what we normally call "tortoise" is the black tortoise. Generally when they are blue, lilac, or chocolate tortoise, we specify the color of the tort.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:

LOL! Well, what we normally call "tortoise" is the black tortoise. Generally when they are blue, lilac, or chocolate tortoise, we specify the color of the tort.

Gotcha! :) lol. I know how to tell which is a tort, but telling if they're chocolate tort, lilac, blue, etc....well I'm not quite there yet. lol.

Emily

Thank You for all your replies...

OK about the tort, never heard of it before but the sooty fawn's I have so makes sense.. thanks...

Also what's a Ermine?, when I googled it on images it came up with picture's of a REW but we didn't get any of those in the litter..

And what does rufus mean???

Still learning lol Thank You....

An Ermine or a Frosty/Frosted Pearl is a chinchilla rabbit expressing the non-extension gene. All of your kits appear to express the non-extension gene, as they are fawns, torts, and a possible ermine/frosty/sable point. The sire almost looks like a torted tri color, But I'd stick with just tort for now. Rufus refers to the amount of red pigment in the coat. I believe that sooty fawn is what a tortoiseshell is called in your country.

Latest posts

Back