What colour and breed is Dusky

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
my neighbour got a new bunny. he appears to be some type of lop cross and I reckon he's a dark sable. Can anyone enlighten me about what else might be in his mix and if i'm correct on the colour
P1010013.jpg

Sabine wrote:
my neighbour got a new bunny. he appears to be some type of lop cross and I reckon he's a dark sable. Can anyone enlighten me about what else might be in his mix and if i'm correct on the colour
P1010013.jpg
Could he have some sort of long haired parent in him because he seemsa bit scruffy. Where did they get him/her?

It's a different shop but they usually neither care about sex or breed. Asking them anything is useless.They're just rabbits to them

Sabine wrote:
It's a different shop but they usually neither care about sex or breed. Asking them anything is useless.They're just rabbits to them
Your pet shops sound terrible sabine. I think should get your neighbor to give ita try anyway,

Oh my neighbour doesn't care really. It's just my curiosity. he is beautiful but has an unusually long face for a lop,so I'd just wonder if people could hazard a guess what else is mixed into him

Color to me looks like a black otter, that's what its called in the states. Under belly is kinda a silver (that's the marten gene) and behind the neck is a patch of brown, the tops of the back feet may be a tan-brown color, around the nose the same, Under the ears should look similar to the underbelly.

Even w/ the longer face it could possibly still be a Holland....if its young, which I'm guessing it is, they go thru the 'uglies' is what people who show them call it. (even tho they are still adorable)....Hollands can mature until sometimes a couple years old.....their heads (depending on the lines) can be very slow to mature....some can also just have longer heads than others....time will tell

Hope that helps. :)

The color appears to be black silver marten aka black fox in the UK. Not an otter. Also there is no "marten gene". Marten is a result of a combination of the tan pattern and chin or shaded gene.

Pam

I'm no help on his color, but he's very cute! He does look like a Holland Lop to me. Glad he has a forever home.:)

Thanks everyone for their opinions. Black silver marten sounds about right. I had guessed a very dark sable marten but I'm not sure if there's such a thing. Interesting that he may be a holland lop after all. He has just such an unusual face

Latest posts

Back