What colors & breed mix are they?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windyhill

Reaction score
A few days ago,we seen an add online for 2 free bunnies that someone got their kids for Easter. The add said "two mean, unfriendly dwarf rabbits need to go NOW, pet or food"

Well of course I suckered my husband into going ad getting them.

I figured they wil probly "mean" becouse they had young kids trying to pick them up all the time,etc. I dont thin they ever got a chance to settle in.

Well any ways, we now have 2 more bunnies to offer a forever home to. The people said they are lionhead/netherland dwarf crosses and it sounds about right to me based on the way they look. They are around 8 weeks old is what they said.

We will be getting them another cage, so they each have their own.

What do you guys think?

1- I think is a chocolate silver martin.Her stomach is silver/white. Her ears is outline in silver/white as well. Has a silver spoton the back of her neck.
523493_2948952894680_1587065287_2055898_1298926042_n.jpg

Picture050.jpg

2- Not real sure about him. I belive he is chocolate based as well, maybe chocolate chin. Has a whiteish looking spot on the back of his neck as well.

540509_2948967415043_1587065287_2055903_30176264_n.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Together:

529785_2948997775802_1587065287_2055913_1228579179_n.jpg

I think you did really good figuring out the colors. I would say the same as you. Definitely Netherland. Plus could have Lion Head, but have the mm gene which is no mane but can pass it on to future generations.

Absolutely love the Marten. Love his chocolate coloring and his Marten markings. But admit both are really cute bunnies.

Good for you rescuing these "Easter" bunnies. How could anyone think a 8 week old rabbits is mean. Must have thought they were buying dogs or cats.

Wishing you luck with these little ones. Can't wait to see how they change as they grow. Maybe even get manes but maybe not. You don't know, but that's the fun of it, watching them grow and see their personalities shine through.

K:)

I started off thinking of color terms in mice, but then I was like, no, they arent the same,lol.

The only one I was really iffy about is the 2nd one. The coloring threw me off.

The 2nd one is a bit more jumpy, but over time Im sure I cam tame him down.

All I know for sure is, they both need their nails trimmed.

windyhill wrote:

I started off thinking of color terms in mice, but then I was like, no, they arent the same,lol.

The only one I was really iffy about is the 2nd one. The coloring threw me off.

The 2nd one is a bit more jumpy, but over time Im sure I cam tame him down.

All I know for sure is, they both need their nails trimmed.

Tell me about baby nails. Neville and Luna's are so sharp. I was told to watch clipping because at a young age the quick is really close to the tip and as the bunnies get olderthe quick recedes. Best info I found was using an emory board just to make the tips not so sharp. I've been working with both every day, touching their paws and doing a little at a time. It's a long process, but it will help once they get older and I can really clip their nails. Just a suggestion.

K:)

So are martins and otters the same just under different names? I expected these to be called otters and thought perhaps it's the same as other colors being called different in the US/Europe but I could just be way off color-wise as well. Lol.

I agree with ZRabbits about the nails at the age. I am doing the same with my lil guy.

How sad and idiotic of the people that gave them up though. Seriously... Easter wasn't even a week ago and already they think they have it all figured out, that the baby bunnies are evil. I wonder how people like that even have kids. :X

By the way, they are cute as a button! I love that dark one. Kiss them for me please. I am very happy they found their way into your home!

I have no idea about colors in rabbits (in mice stomach color wise, white=fox and tan= tan)

I have no clue if a chin can be chocolate based, or if that was just something I made up,lol.

Im still learning

Ive been messing with their paws,etc.I havent tried cutting them yet.
Ive been working on taming them down.

Nela wrote:
So are martins and otters the same just under different names? I expected these to be called otters and thought perhaps it's the same as other colors being called different in the US/Europe but I could just be way off color-wise as well. Lol.

I agree with ZRabbits about the nails at the age. I am doing the same with my lil guy.

How sad and idiotic of the people that gave them up though. Seriously... Easter wasn't even a week ago and already they think they have it all figured out, that the baby bunnies are evil. I wonder how people like that even have kids. :X

By the way, they are cute as a button! I love that dark one. Kiss them for me please. I am very happy they found their way into your home!
Martens have white/silver colored shading (such as the one pictured, which is indeed a chocolate silver marten) whereas Otters have a tan/orange shading.

Latest posts

Back